This handmade creation is offered in partnership with NOVICA, in association with National Geographic.Product Features:
Story Behind the Art:
- Stunning accent rug features geometric motifs from ancient Andean civilizations
- Runner rug is crafted by Peruvian artisan Zosimo Laura
- Area rug achieves a bold contrast that conjures up the sacred valley of the Inca
- Precisely woven of soft wool and cotton on the handloom
- Designed for floor use
- Signed by the artist
- Utilizes natural and artificial dyes
- Dry clean only
- Measures 2 feet wide x 4.9 feet long
Zosimo was born in Ayacucho, the capital of Peruvian handicrafts. He comes from a respected family of weavers and, like his grandparents and brothers, he has learned the marvels of this art. For Zosimo, his greatest inspiration is the pleasure his work produces in others. He intends to pass down the techniques used since ancient times by creating captivating products of superb quality. His goal is to says teach his children the textile art when they are old enough. Zosimo utilizes alpaca, sheep wool, and cotton in the fabrication of his pieces, while both natural and synthetic dyes create the enthralling blend of colors. The two-pedaled loom is his primary tool.What is Worldstock?
The handcrafted nature of this product will produce minor differences in design and sizing. Subtle variations will occur from piece to piece, adding to its unique qualities. Measurements may vary slightly.ImportedShips Carbon Neutral*
Please allow 10 business days for the product to leave our warehouse and to receive tracking information. You should expect to receive this item within 15 business days.