This handmade creation is offered in partnership with NOVICA, in association with National Geographic.Product Features:
Story Behind the Art:
- Isidoro C'cahuantico honors Peru's past with this warm alpaca wool throw
- Handcrafted blanket features glyphs of the Paracas culture in reversible brown and white shades
- Throw is a unique addition to your bedroom decor
- 50-percent alpaca wool/50-percent acrylic
- Dry clean or hand wash
- Item has been made with natural fibers that are soft to the touch
During the 1970s, Isidoro C'cahuantico was forced to migrate when terrorist activities swept his region. Accepting various jobs, he soon found himself working as a janitor in a textile factory. At night, when everyone had gone home, I began to look at the looms and machines and to experiment with them. The owner asked who kept adjusting the loom, and was surprised to learn the culprit was me. She said that if I really wanted to learn, I should learn to assemble one of the spare looms in the warehouse. That was one of the most important and memorable moments in my life.'The handcrafted touch of artisan skill creates variations in color, size and design. If buying two of the same item, slight differences should be expected. Note: Color discrepancies may occur between this product and your computer screen.
ImportedShips Carbon Neutral*
Please allow 10 business days for the product to leave our warehouse and to receive tracking information. You should expect to receive this item within 15 business days of the order date.