The bag smells so bad I had to hang it outside and spray it with a fabric refesher. The material unravel very quickly and it had to be patched. I wish I could get my money back.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes, the bag look beautiful
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is very poor the material smells and unravels
- How accurate was the sizing? size was perfect
I really wanted to support a country like Nepal in improving itself. However, this backpack is made very poorly. We have had two, the natural jute and the multicolored jute backpack. After only two weeks, the first one ripped on the outside from carrying two regular sized books. We were sent a replacement under our protection plan, and it has fallen completely apart in the washer. It came with no wash or care instructions. We washed it in the delicate cycle just once. we were forced to wash it anyway because the reddish color on the multicolored one was transferring onto my daughter's khaki pants and belt that she was wearing! This happened right after the first day of school. It is very inconvenient and a nuisance! These backpacks are grossly overpriced for the quality! It is an awful product!!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? No.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The first bag ripped after my daughter carried it for two weeks. The replacement bag sent fell apart.
- How accurate was the sizing? OK
This was supposed to be a gift for my granddaughter. The straps pulled right out of the material..The bag smelled like strong mildew..Its really just a burlap bag..I can't give it for a gift because its so bad..Hard to believe this is made in Nepal??
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? No
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Almost paper thin it was a Burlap Bag
- How accurate was the sizing? About right
I've just gotten into the whole fair trade business, and I really wanted a fair trade backpack. I wasn't finding any that were big enough for school, but then I searched 'fair trade backpacks' on Google and found this website! It was big enough!! I received it 3 days later (even counting the weekend!) I put all of my folders, notebooks, and binders in it. When I put my first book in it, though, the right strap ripped as I was picking it up, so I had to carry it around for the rest of the day. I found a heavy needle and thread and reinforced both straps, and now the straps can hold all of my stuff plus one book! (I'm too scared to try to put all of my books in it.) So, I really love this backpack, even though it's more geared for lighter loads!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? No, but I was prepared for this since every rice bag is different!!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I used it for my first day of school. When I put in one of my big books, though, one of the straps tore, so I reinforced both straps with a heavy needle and thread. It's great, but I'm too scared to carry more than one big book in it.
- How accurate was the sizing? Perfectly accurate! It has loads of room!
My daughter loved this backpack when she saw it. It is very artistic and big enough to hold many items. After the first day the strap broke and seperated from where it was attached. I couldn't send it back so I had to repair it. waiting for it to break again. She doesn't use it to hold books any longer. Doesn't support enough weight. Very disappointed!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very poor
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate