I guess you get what you pay for. I bought this ottoman right before Christmas last year (so 8 months or so ago) and I LOVED it at first. The color is GOLD but not too over the top. Then a couple of months ago I noticed filling starting to come out of the side, and upon further inspection, it was coming apart at one of the seams. Not cool. I flipped it over and unzipped the bottom to try to pull the filling out and see if it could be repaired. I'm still not sure about that, but when I tried to re-zip it, the zipper turned out to be broken. It appears to have always been that way, but I just never tried to unzip it before, so I hadn't noticed. Big bummer!
I liked this when I first received it. The dull bronze color of the leather is very nice. However, it has not worn well. More filling is necessary at this point. But, most importantly, it is breaking apart at the seams. It has NOT had hard use, so this should not be happening.
I like it, though I admit I would never have purchased it had I seen it in a store - what with its amazing golden sheen. It is not at all like the picure - it's gold like cheap gold, not that bronzed gold shown. However, now that I have it - and get compliments about it - I just accept it as an eccentric piece. and it feels good when seated and using it.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? no! it is like ... well ... cheap shiny gold not the muted color displayed
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. FINE
- How accurate was the sizing? good
Everything I have gotten from Overstock has exceeded my expectations. I ordered two of these ottomans and couldn't wait for them to arrive. When I opened the box I was stunned. The manufacturer totally misrepresented the product. It has no brown or hints of brown whatsoever. Both pieces were solid, radiating gold all over. Unless you are looking for an ottoman that is brighter than a 24 carat Rolex, don't order this. Overstock should reprimand them, as it has negatively impacted my confidence in them and now I have to deal with sending these back and finding something else.
I bought the bronze ottoman. It is very beautiful, heavy, and solid. As someone else noted, you can even use it as a step stool, as it is that firm. The craftsmanship is superb, and it is a lovely addition to my living room. It is very rich-looking. LOVE!
looks exactly as pictured....comfortable to rest your feet on and lovely as well on its own. I had some leather product from Morocco years ago and was worried that the leather would smell bad but, very happy to report, it smells like leather!
I bought the bronze color . It looked neutral and blended well in my living space. I didnt experience any odour like some people stated. It is a perfect
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is ok
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
Bought this as an accent for our nursery and it's a perfect compliment to a rocking chair, gives just the right amount of height for feet to sit comfortably while nursing. The color is just the perfect shade of gold and the quality is very good.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very solid yet comfortable
- How accurate was the sizing? Very
Was totally amazed that the piece was a SHINEY gold. Made me love it even more. Actually catches the light from lamplight in the evening and gives the room extra glow. My decorating style is cottage eclectic and this pop of color goes perfectly in the room. Best part is that the piece will fit in anywhere.....right now I have the ottoman matched up with a pear green wing back chair but moved it onto the porch to accomodate and elderly visitor. Looked great there too. If I decide to get another ottoman I would definitely get another color because this is over the top...in a good way.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Truer gold. Is luminescent and glitzy. Definite touch of glam
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. top notch, heavy, lovely workmanship
- How accurate was the sizing? exactly as described
This ottoman is solidly stuffed, and the perfect size. It is a much brighter gold than the photo, but I don't feel that it looks "cheap" as another reviewer described it. It is a true gold color, rather than the brass color it appears to be in the photo. The stitching is thick and done well. I would recommend this product to others.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Significantly lighter than picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate
The ottoman looks beautiful in my living room! So happy with this purchase. The gold adds a bit of glitz and glam to my decor. Best of all was the price - overstock had it for almost half of what other retailers are selling these ottomans for. I highly recommend it!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Mainly, yes. In person it is slightly more shiny.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The ottoman is surprisingly sturdy. It appears to be well made; the leather and stitching are top notch. I am very pleased.
- How accurate was the sizing? True to size.
This is perfect for our daughter's nursery. We use it as a foot rest with her rocking chair, and now that she's almost a year, she climbs all over it. Very cool looking. It's a shiny gold leather, but has kind of worn slightly (which I love the look of).