The duvet cover feels like handwoven cotton and looks rustic and comfortable. I looked at comforters and duvet covers everywhere - Target, Pottery Barn, West Elm, Amazon, Z Gallerie, Crate and Barrel, CB2 ... but I found them all to be a little boring and uninspiring. I usually love color, but I fell in love with the idea of a gray bedroom with a pop of color. Then I found this set. It's simplicity coupled with it's uniqueness makes it the perfect addition to my bedroom decor. The duvet cover is thick enough to be used without a comforter in the hot summer months in Cali. I also love that it's handmade and looks handmade and different from all the duvet covers currently on the market. So far I love it!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? The color is not as light as in the picture - it has a bit more blue in it and looks a little greenish under some lighting, but it's still a nice grey that fits into a mellow bedroom decor.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the sizing? I haven't placed the duvet cover on my comforter yet, but it looks like it will fit a queen/full comforter and bed.
i am in love with this comforter set. i was a little nervous about the quality, it was $200 less than similar duvet covers i was looking at (and came with the shams!), but it's so beautiful and well made. it also feels great, the reverse applique technique they used gives it an old-timey quilt feeling, while the design is clearly indian...it's a great mix. i washed and dried it when i received it in the mail. it says dry clean only, and i imagine that has to do with all the stitching since it's cotton, and it held up just fine. i ordered it in grey, and it's a pale dove grey with slight variations in the dye- you can tell and feel that this is handmade, and i like that sort of energy in my bedroom. if i were to do it again, i would order a king size for my queen bed, we have a very deep mattress, so i always forget when purchasing blankets and coverlets to go a size larger for a bit more coverage. i plan on looking for something similar and more lightweight come spring. cannot say enough about how gorgeous this is.
I am pleased with the duvet especially for the price. It has a great authentic handmade feel to it and looks incredibly unique - in bedrooms full of Ikea and West Elm patterns this duvet is set apart. I have small issues with the two included shams, however. As they are made from the same layered/cutout technique as the duvet, I did not find them comfortable to sleep on since their surface is rough to the touch. (Note the fabric itself isn't rough, but the assembled design is.) Also, the lovely and thin pearlescent buttons popped off one at a time as I tossed and turned to get comfortable on the rough surface after a few weeks. The same buttons on the duvet themselves fare far better as they aren't interacted with as much. All in all, I recommend this duvet if you are struck by the uniqueness of the style, as I was, but be prepared to use your other pillowcases because the construction of these just doesn't lend itself to pillow use.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes - though it is a bit more blue-toned than you may think
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good construction except on the pillowcases
- How accurate was the sizing? Perfect
Although the price of this duvet cover was low, the quality is also low. The cover began to lose it's color after the first wash even though I followed the washing instructions exactly---washed as dedicates in cold water. The buttons also come off very easily. I recommend investing more money in a better quality item.
The color is a olive drab, not remotely close to the grey in the photo. It also will need to be washed as it smells of an odd detergent. However the work, pattern is a very nice ethnic organic. If it were a steely light grey i would have kept it.
This comforter was of beautiful quality but the color was disappointing because it was not grey.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? No
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of this comforter is definitely great and the piece is beautiful, however this is not a grey comforter. I realize in the description the color may vary slightly but I did expect at least of shade of grey. This was a light green similar to a moss green.
- How accurate was the sizing? Sizing was accurate