Looking at the back, the rug is evenly knotted throughout and the wool seems to be of a good quality, but the weave is very coarse, almost like a latch hook rug. The warp is of standard rug cotton but the weft running between each row of knots is very thick and appears to be of mixed fibers. This means there is about as much weft as there is wool in this rug. Also, the binding of the selvedge edges is very skimpy due to the thick weft. I have had the rug only a short time but the pile is already starting to lie flat. That said, it feels good underfoot and the dog likes to sleep on it when the cat will let him.
The rug has a more beautiful color in real life than in the picture. It gives our bathroom a real splash of color more than any bathroom rug ever does. The rug has a very slight flaw in one line of the red which can be corrected with a permanent red color marker very carefully. However the design is correct throughout the rug and the size is accurate. It has a nice pile feel when you are standing on it.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? The color was even more attractive in person than the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rug is a real gem for the price. .
- How accurate was the sizing? Accuate
This rug is not what I expected and totally doesn't go with my house. Very orange and navy, not black! Quality is not great, especially for size and price.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? NO!! Orange and blue not black and red.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not as good as I thought. The pattern is not very fine-- fibers are wide. You can tell from the back that they not very many "pixles" making up the design.
- How accurate was the sizing? About right