Why did you choose this product?
Handcrafted 'Gye Nyame' Mask (Ghana)
- Mask colorfully reflects the mood that permeates year-round festival celebrations in Ghana
- Decorative accessory adorned with the 'Gye Nyame' symbol
- Mask features chiseled designs
- Symbol is the most popular of a collection of sacred symbols called Adinkra
- The Gye Nyame symbol signifies the power of God to make all things possible
- Tie and die finish is sensational
- Skillful handwork shines throughout
- Made of cedar wood, known for its durability
- Measures 24.5 inches high
- Story Behind the Product:
- K. Amani is an experienced carver who employs and mentors scores of carvers in his enterprise. This opportunity has afforded them much needed income to support their families. He is involved in many aspects of their lives to enable them become productive members of society. Amani hopes to expand his business and add more carvers by diversifying his product offering.
The handcrafted touch of artisan skill creates variations in color, size and design. If buying two of the same item, slight differences should be expected. Note: Color discrepancies may occur between this product and your computer screen.
Ships Carbon Neutral*
|Style||Casual Classic Contemporary Country Patterned|
|Dimensions||24.5 in. H|
- Disclosures & Guidelines
- Filter By:
- Most Recent
This mask adds so much character to my apartment. I love it !! Money well spent.Read More
This is a mask hand-carved in Ghana. The craftsmanship is extraordinary. I'm so glad I purchased this fine work of art. It will hang on my wall for many years to come.Read More
This is a perfect addition to my other African and Asian Masks. It was larger than I thought it would be and the details are perfect. It is wonderfully made and I commend the artist. They must be very gifted. I see that it was carved with lots of love. This would make a perfect wedding or anniversary gift. I have never seen anything like this in any store. I have it in my entrance way along with other masks. I think it is perfect for an office. I highly recommend this work of art to any collector. It is worth 10 times the price I paid for it. I will buy another for my homeoffice, before O'Stock sells them all. I rubbed a little Olive Oil on it because the inside heat is drying in the winter.Read More
nice mask, but it's not my favorite...looks nice where I have it and it's well-made.Read More
GREAT MASK. IT IS REALLY DETAILED AND BIG. I LOVE THIS MASK. I AM BUYING ANOTHER FOR MY MOM. BUY IT TODAY, YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY.Read More
Questions & Answers
adding to existing collection
What is the width?
The width is 10 inches.
How to Decorate Your Home for Kwanzaa
Kwanzaa is meant to be celebrated with family and friends as a way to honor the past and look forward to the future. One important part of celebrating Kwanzaa is decorating the home with traditional seasonal decor. Kwanzaa holiday decor incorporates traditional symbols of African American heritage, both old and new. For example, a kinara symbolizes the African American past, present and future while authentic African folk art is displayed to honor African American roots. Tribal masks, hand-carved statues and wooden fruit bowls from Ghana and other areas of historical significance throughout Africa are often displayed as meaningful decorative accessories during the holiday season as well as home decor all year round.
Shipping & Returns
Standard Return Policy:
Standard shipping details
Expedited shipping details