This handmade creation is offered in partnership with NOVICA, in association with National Geographic.Product Features:
Story Behind the Art:
- Accentuate your home decor with a handcrafted mirror
- Decorative accessory features painted glass panels radiating with golden light akin to the brightest star in the Peruvian firmament
- Elegant mirror is hand-painted in the Cajamarca style
- Frame measures 17.3 inches wide x 17.3 inches high x 0.8 inch deep
- Included mirror measures 9.1 inches wide x 9.1 inches high
Asunta Pelaez says, 'I have been dedicated to this art form since I was 17 years old. I realized that the more I practiced, the more this craft won me over, offering me tremendous gratification. Now I consider it a way of life. I create a variwty of beautiful mirrors, coasters, boxes and trays. For the designs and illustrations, I use India ink to produce the finer details and outlines. Finally for colors I use tempera paints and gilt. This whole process demands incredible patience and attention to detail. My designs are inspired by nature, and by traditional scenes from my town and region. I feel very proud of the works that I create, and I look forward to sharing them with more and more people around the world.'What is Worldstock?The handcrafted touch of artisan skill creates variations in color, size and design. If buying two of the same item, slight differences should be expected. Note: Color discrepancies may occur between this product and your computer screen.
ImportedShips Carbon Neutral*
Please allow 10 business days for the product to leave our warehouse and to receive tracking information. You should expect to receive this item within 15 business days of the order date.