Purchased with intent of using as small side table next to recliner (for drinks, remote, whatnot). Unique, interesting piece with a mysterious and unnecessary ORANGE stain. I had noticed this in the reviews of other similar pieces, but i ignored it because the picture truly does not portray this. BOY was that a mistake. My hubby and i spent SIX hours dry sanding it down and still there is a faint tinge that remains. We then coated it with linseed oil and it looks ten times better. It is beyond me why whoever made this felt that it needed to be stained at all. It isn't cheap and we ended up not getting recliner so I actually no longer need it. And while i'm not going to return it, i can't say that i would have purchased it had i known what color it really was. Note to the wise, once you start sanding keep AWAY from water as it will reactivate the stain. Good luck.
I love my tables, stools whatever you call yours. This one is a beautiful addition to the ones I have already purchased. They hold plants, people as well as often being the topic of conversation.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes, with the slight variation in color expected. No mistakes in art.......
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Beautiful craftsmanship, great for side table or stool.
- How accurate was the sizing? It was the size they had in the ad. I use measuring tape when ordering sight unseen.
This is a beautiful piece; very solid and unusual. We are using the piece as a stool to pull over to the desk when needed. It's actually quite heavy for that use and we probably should have selected one of the 10"x10" versions of this piece
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes, the lighter wood is on the orangy side, but not an unnatural orange as I had feared from the other reviews.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent.
- How accurate was the sizing? As described. .
I did not believe the other reviewes about the color but it is very orange, not a real ploblem but don't excect it to matach the pic! Is unique and well made.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? no very orange tine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. carved wood? quality of work is good to fine, wood is wood splits where it wants makes it unique
- How accurate was the sizing? yes