This handmade creation is offered in partnership with NOVICA, in association with National Geographic.
This Relax mask is hand-carved of sese wood by talented Ghanaian artisans. The mask emphasizes the importance of recreation. Product Features :
Story Behind the Art:
- Exceptional craftsmanship by Ghana's Daniel Nyadedzor
- Named for the town of Mangoase, where townspeople relax in the shade of its many mango trees
- Symmetrical features feature decorative brass
- Nyadedzor emphasizes the importance of recreation
- Dimensions: 7.1 inches wide x 12.6 inches high x 81 mm deep
Ghana's Daniel Nyadedzor says, 'In 1996, after finishing school, I decided to help my brother. He is a carver and had his own shop. I did all his paperwork. After working with him for a few months I realized the need for international quality standards. The business grew tremendously and we have worked together all these years. We use a hardwood known as sese for carving the masks. There are about twenty apprentices working with us. Our wood carvings are always given an antique finishing.'What is Worldstock?The handcrafted touch of artisan skill creates variations in color, size and design. If buying two of the same item, slight differences should be expected. Note: Color discrepancies may occur between this product and your computer screen.ImportedShips Carbon Neutral*
Please allow 10 business days for the product to leave our warehouse and to receive tracking information. You should expect to receive this item within 15 business days.