I bought these earrings as a Mother's Day gift for my mom. When she opened the box, we were both completeley stunned at the beauty and quality of the workmanship of the earrings- the picture online did not do these works of art justice. They were beautiful in the picture, which was what made me purchase them in the first place, but when we opened them from the box their beauty was obviously apparent. The rich purple color was simply stunning- and the pale color at the tip if the petal blended with the color of the tip of my mother's ear making it look like the petal was apart of her. The gold outline was so simple and fragile and offset the petal beautifully providing just enough shimmer without being overdone. I cannot express to you how much we both adore these earrings- it was hard letting her keep them! If i would have known they were going to be this stunning I would have ordered some for myself! The box the earrings came in was a gift in itself- so thoughtfully wrapped and delivered in just the perfect way. We are both very much naturalists and the combination of the box with the earrings was such a nice touch....a gift within a gift. The color of the petals are deep and rich...encompassing the orchid's natural beauty. There is nothing in the workmanship that detracts from this- it only enhances the natural beauty of the petal leaving the piece a breathtaking work of art. I would HIGHLY reccommend these earrings to anyone...they are truly a gift to be treasured and loved- and i know they will be passed down for generations to come. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!
I just got them this am and I cannot believe the quality, and beauty. The box they came in is made of handmade paper with a leaf on top. I know places in New Haven where the box would be worth $15. Everything you see is true to color and size. They have a nice curl at the bottom. I also like the fact that they are connected w/ Nat. Geographic, and people around the world are now connected through the intetnet. The Novica team is doing a great thing and people are being paid as they should. I only wish my whole wardrobe was purple, so I could wear them all the time
These earrings are a unique addition to any wardrobe. They are quite large, so be sure you look at the dimensions before you order. Despite their size, however, they are not at all heavy on the ears. The packaging was a pleasant surprise, too. These would make a great gift.
These are exquisite earrings that look wonderful with several outfits, both casual and dressy. They look especially fresh and stylish with a simple string of pearls. They are light, easy to wear and a good (medium) size for a variety of hair styles.
took too long to received according to other items in order. were too large for my ears and would be best at half or two quarters the size, don't see me wearing them
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality was ok
- How accurate was the sizing? not good
I bought these for my friend as a birth day present. She is a long term orchid grower. She loved them and was wondering how I was able to find something like this. She also loved to color, even though I expected it to more varying. The steady color is also the reason for my 4 stars; the workmanship is great.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? The color of the real product was steadier than the one in the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Extremely well done
- How accurate was the sizing? Matching
These are pretty, quite intense violet color. The bottom edge of the petals is curved under, not as flat as they appear in the photo. The very shiny surface of the petals does look a bit plastic, but from a distance I don't think it's a problem. I don't really expect them to last a long time, seems as if they could be easily bent and broken. I've only worn them a couple of times so far. They came in a lovely hand made paper box with a little pillow inside, nice presentation if you plan to give them as a gift.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. They feel fragile, need care.
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate size description.
The picture on the website does not do these earrings justice! They have a beautiful medley of purple and lavender hues, with a beautiful gold trim and backing; and are coated with a high gloss finish. I prefer large jewelry, and these are the perfect size for me. After receiving them, I ordered the pendant that matches them.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? The color on the website doesn't do them justice.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. As all the other pieces I have purchased from the Orient, these earrings are top quality.
- How accurate was the sizing? Perfect.
I really like these earrings...they are so pretty and they look heavy but they are not...they are very lightweight. I would recommend these earrings to anyone looking for a good handmade piece of jewelry.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? The color match was almost perfect to the color on the displayed earrings
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. These earrings are very sturdy and durable but still lightweight
- How accurate was the sizing? The sizing was what I imagined they would be
I bought these for a family member. When they arrived they were very beautiful. Looks like the picture and I would highly recommend them to anyone.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the sizing? N/A