Please know that if you get this rug, it is no where near the same colors as advertised. I don't know why they call it a Gold rug when its more green than anything. Even the lightest part of the rug isn't a gold hue. Overall it is a darker rug, it is not vibrant and bright like shown. I had my heart set on this rug and because it is such an exquisite and unique piece I had my whole living room planned around it, but all those plans are shot now. I was willing to pay the ridiculous price simply because there is nothing else out there like this rug! Sadly, the rug was delivered in two pieces of wrapping paper with a few straps around it. The rug itself was exposed upon delivery and the shipping people just threw it down in the dirt next to my front door, so it was exposed to dust and the elements. When I opened it up, it had creases in it because it was just folded over itself, rather than rolled up appropriately. It was really disappointing between the poor shipping of such an expensive product, and the blatant inaccuracy of the rug itself. I emailed Overstock and was fully refunded with an apology, but the whole thing just left a bad impression. I have never had a problem with Overstock.com before and this was just a sad experience, not to mention frustrating. Before buying the rug I viewed it on several different computers and showed it to several different people, and everyone agreed it was a gold and vibrant colored rug. Everyone who saw the delivered rug agreed it was completely different colors and commented on "why are there creases in it?" The actual rug itself is beautiful and high quality, it just isn't the same rug advertised in regards to color at least, and it was damaged in a couple ways from the pathetic shipping. If you chose to get this rug, be warned about the shipping. I expect if you keep it rolled up for a little while after delivery the creases will smooth out a little, but if you are planning a whole room around this rug, just know the green rather than gold really does throw it all off. The color spectrum isn't even comparable. If you want a pretty rug that is high quality made and are willing to be flexible with the details of color, then go for it. But if you expect the same color rug as advertised, then plan on being disappointed.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? NO. this is my main disappointment with this rug. The "gold" shown on the website is more like a green, and pukey green at that. The "brown" twigs are more of a dark plum color. The reds and oranges are no where near as vibrant as what's shown on the website. The color differences are so extreme that it doesn't even match what I had planned out for my entire living room.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It does appear to be a high quality rug but it was damaged due to the shipping process.
- How accurate was the sizing? I didn't measure it but it appears the right size.
- Would you recommend this to a friend? No
I am purchasing a second of these rugs. I bought one a couple of years ago and now am in a new home and looked all over for a larger one for a different room. I have received many compliments and one of my friends is going to purchase one as well. The colors are classy and do not overpower other items that are around it, whether art, furniture, or pillows. The one I haw is on a wood floor and makes the area warm and inviting.
- Would you recommend this to a friend? Yes