This handmade creation is offered in partnership with NOVICA, in association with National Geographic.Product Features:
Story Behind the Art:
- Maria Uyauri masters traditional arpilleria applique in this handmade wall art
- Wall hanging features a colorful carnival festival in the Andes
- Display rod slips through an opening at the top of the wall hanging
- Display rod not included
- Dry clean only
- 90-percent cotton/10-percent acrylic
- Measures 18.9 inches wide x 16.9 inches high
Peruvian artisan Maria Uyauri joined a women's group to learn textile arts. 'At first, we had a lot of problems with materials. We'd create our patchwork wall hangings with old clothes. One day, we got together and decided that with the little bit of money we each could contribute, we could buy bolts of fabric and spools of yarn and thread. With these materials, we created our first pieces to sell. After ten years, I realized it was time to work by myself. Today my husband and son help me.'What is Worldstock?The handcrafted touch of artisan skill creates variations in color, size and design. If buying two of the same item, slight differences should be expected. Note: Color discrepancies may occur between this product and your computer screen.
ImportedShips Carbon Neutral*
Please allow 10 business days for the product to leave our warehouse and to receive tracking information. You should expect to receive this item within 15 business days of the order date.