I ordered two for the purpose of eating our salads-it arrived today and though it was very beautiful it was not for eating a salad-maybe a nice fruit bowl-but definitely not a salad. The food space was sparse and not consistent in space-very odd for food to be placed inside the bowl.
This bowl is beautifully hand-crafted. It is best used as a fruit bowl or a decorative bowl. It's not practical for use for salads or other dining purposes. However, it's so beautiful, I'm not sure why anyone would want to use it for general dining.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality was very good.
- How accurate was the sizing? The sizing is accurate.
Very cool bowl. It's a work of art and garners interest in those that visit. I don't use it for anything except as a display, so I'm not sure how it would hold up as a food vessel.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? They are all a little different due to the nature of the product
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality.
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate.
Love this bowl. I needed something to put my onions and garlic in. This bowl is the perfect size for that. It looks great as well, nice and natural looking.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fantastic
- How accurate was the sizing? very
I'm not sure if I love it or hate it! LOL. My bowl has two very sharp points on either side, so less of a rounded, earthly feel than the picture. It's funky! Also, about 1/3 of the "bowl" surface is elevated. So almost like a shelf on the side of the rest of the bowl. Kinda cool. But, I bought this as a catchall for my BF's pocket crap, and 1/3 of the bowl is kinda useless for this. It's cool, but I would have preferred something shaped more like the photo. Also, my bowl isn't anywhere near the 'straight-sided' shape of the bowl in the photo. I would have preferred that look to my more geometric-shaped version. Overall, its still earthy and one-of-a-kind looking, so I've chosen to embrace the surprise and funkiness.
I am using this a s a fruit bowl and the fruit looks very nice in this bowl. The flat bottom allows the fruit to display better then round bottom bowls and the natural characteristics of the wood makes it an interesting addition on the kitchen counter.
I'm using this as the base for an artificial succulent arrangement in my guest bath. The wood does not have the gnarled marks, but other wise is very close in size, color and shape to the picture. Everyone that has seen it comments on the beautiful wood. Very pleased.