Add exotic flair to your home decor with an engraved ceramic fruitier
Decorative stand measures 12 inches in diameter x 6 inches tall
Home accessory available in Mediterranean blue, marigold, amber and turquoise color options
Handcrafted and hand-painted in Morocco
Ideal for tabletop display or wall hanging
Story Behind the Art:
Pottery of this type is made in Safi, Morocco, a fishing town on the Atlantic coast of Morocco. Safi is known as one of the centers for this art and utilizes red clay to create the ceramic pottery. Clay is softened by hand, and formed using a potter's wheel which is powered by foot, using age old techniques. Pieces are dried in the sun then baked in kilns that are over 200 years old. All items are hand etched and painted.
The handcrafted touch of artisan skill creates variations in color, size and design. If buying two of the same item, slight differences should be expected. Note: Color discrepancies may occur between this product and your computer screen.
First of all, I read the dimensions and expected something fairly small. This is quite large. The finish was a little rough, and the details not very intricate. When I checked back and saw what I had paid, I felt it wasn't worth the price. I am pleased with 90% of what I buy through Overstock. This fell into the other 10%. I will not buy anything "Moroccan" again.
I have the green. It is not the teal-ish color represented; more dark-grassy. I prefer more geometric North African work, but since it is so rare to find ANY such items from Morroco (or Tunisia for that matter), I think this is a great find. Could for displaying offers of fruit for guests. I keep it in an office. Items from Morocco are extremely pricey; here too but not AS pricey as in the fancy import boutiques.
Did the color match the color displayed onsite? approximately
Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
Shop Overstock.com and find the best online deals on everything for your home and your family. We work every day to bring you discounts on new products across our entire store. Whether you're looking for memorable gifts or everyday essentials, you can buy them here for less. O.com Price™ OVERSTOCK.COM - IT'S ALL ABOUT THE O™ O.™