I bought these for a screen-house. The blinds are quite nicely made, but the string mechanism to raise and lower them is poor. It isn't that the strings break, but rather the plastic connectors do not stay in place. I remedied this by taking about 6 inches of the string and wrapping it through and around the top bamboo slat, then back through the connector. This seems to have worked, but will shorten the blind. For me, this is not a problem since I don't need them to open all the way. If you use a separate piece of string, you will be able to open the blinds to their full length.*
I had four large windows in a sun room to cover. I didn't want to spend $XXX for each blind. These worked out well. Only thing I don't like about these blinds is the mechanism for bringing the blinds up and down shows and is kind of unattractive. Otherwise I like the blinds.
I am so happy with this blind that I will purchase the remainder 9 sun room windows. I have bought so many and the wind just destroy's them and the strings get all tangled. This has a thicker string (almost shoe string thickness) and the locks stay in place.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Wasn't quite olive green a little more on the brown side.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quailty is top notch, excellent.
- How accurate was the sizing? Perfect
Shade was all it promised to be. It went up very easily and so far goes up and down like a dream. There is a bit more space between the slates then I'd have prefered but it does what it's suspose to do/
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. shade is attractive and looks like it will last
- How accurate was the sizing? on the money!
I have ordered this screen in the past and I must say the quality has gone down. The bamboo slats are poor quality and most are only pieces that you can see through. I will not order again.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor
- How accurate was the sizing? Acurate