Kwan Yin is known in the West as the Goddess of Mercy, tho I encourage you to "Google/Wikipedia" Kwan Yin to get the full appreciation of this gentle, loving, being. I bought this blind for the serene sense I feel when I look at her ... and the soft subtle colors go perfectly in my bathroom! Soft and subtle is truly the way to describe both the colors and the expression on the face of this lovely work of art. Do know, the exterior face of the blind shows no colors, so is not a distraction from the outside of the house. I very much recommend this Kwan Yin, and the other one in the series, with the normal number of arms and holding a lotus... I have HER in my bedroom, and she, too, is lovely.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? absolutely
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the sizing? perfect
I was so excited to receive this beautiful Thousand-Arm-Kwan-Kin. But this 24 inch item is not at all as pictured!!! Her hands are cut off!!! In the picture, all of her hands are intact and beautiful. The picture on Overstock definitely misrepresents the item. The item I ordered was the 24 inch. It seems the only other size is 72 inch in width which is too wide for my purposes but maybe in that version the arms aren't cut off. This would be a beautiful piece if it were sized correctly. I am very disappointed in Overstock.com for misrepresentation of this product.
I believe it was defective because 8 of her hands were cut off at the wrist or forearm and it stunk. It would have been gorgeous if it arrived as shown. This was supposed to be a gift and I can't order it any larger. I think if you stick to the larger sizes the image would be complete. Hopefully yours won't smell if you order one.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I believe it was defective because 8 of her hands were cut off at the wrist or forearm and it stunk
- How accurate was the sizing? I never checked because the it was defective and it smelled.I knew I could not give this to my acupuncturist.