I don't understand how it was made. I am assuming it was made from a mold using some sort of resin. Therefore, the problems could have been addressed. I am unhappy with the appearance of where the edging joins on the inner and outer frame. I am keeping the piece, and trying to come to terms with the non-perfect aspects. I remember this issue from a previous review.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Medium to poor quality
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate
Love the calligraphy. There is a braid which is in the inner rim and for some reason where it ends the edges were not as well fused as it should but hopefully the calligraphy will deter the eye on closer look,
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Would have love it to be wood vs resin/plastic frame
- How accurate was the sizing? right on
It's a nice looking piece with no assembly required, but disappointed with the workmanship & appearance. The hooks put in the back of the mirror to hang with is put in at a spot where the Chinese characters in the front side of the mirror end up being crooked, so the writing does not go up and down--instead its at an angle. Not a huge deal, but not what I would have liked or expected.
Arrived with the mirror off of the frame with the glue all dried up on the side the back holders were also strewn in the box.....Very pretty mirror though. I applied some mirror glue attached the screws and the holders back on and that solved the problem. Super fast delivery A++ Does not appear like mahogany to me, the work is a bit shabby when you look closely at the detailing. With all that being said the mirror still looks good and is serving its purpose.
This mirror is beautiful and goes great with our asian inspired room. Has slight imperfection at the bottom of the mirror, but not so noticeable that would warrant sending back. Color is gold with green hue that happens to work well in the room it is hung in. Overall, very happy with purchase and would recommend to anyone.
I received my calligraphy mirror this afternoon and it is really beautiful. My decor is Asian influenced and this mirror fits well into that theme. The picture is a bit darker than reality but it is antiqued gold so it isn't too bright or garish. The Chinese characters are subtle and almost appear like scrollwork until you look at it closely. Overall I would recommend this product.
THE SIZING AND COLOR WASN'T THE PROBLEM.THE MIRROR ARRIVED WITH THE PART AROUND THE MIRROR BECOMING UNGLUED.I NOTICIED PUCKERS SURROUNG THE MIRROR AFTER I TOOK THE PACKING OFF.. THE DESCRIPTION OF THE MIRROR IS AS HONEST AS IT SHOULD BE,BECAUSE IT DOESN'T TELL THE CUSTOMER WHAT ALL THE MIRROR IS MADE OF. I THOUGHT IT WAS TIN,IT'S VERY BEAUTIFUL,BUT IS A PIECE OF JUNK. CAN'T BE PASSED DOWN TO FAMILY AS I INTEND TO DO WITH MY STUFF WHEN I'M DEAD.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? YES
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. VERY,VERY POOR
- How accurate was the sizing? OK
If you are looking for a statement piece to add to any Asian decor...this is the piece. I used it for staging a property and it gave a great focal and point of interest to the room. Received many compliments and people wanting to purchase from me. Very pleased.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Better than expected. Bold..a statement piece to your decor
- How accurate was the sizing? Excellent
I purchased this mirror to fill wall space in my home office but it does so much more! The detail is lovely and it was so easy to hang. This mirror is a beautiful piece for any room. I am very pleased with my purchase.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality product
- How accurate was the sizing? Sizing was as expected
This mirror is nice, however it is hard to see in picture that there is chinese writing all over the frame. I almost sent it back because I wasn't sure if I liked it. I kept it and it looks great in my entry way but just know that there is writing all over the frame.