This handmade creation is offered in partnership with NOVICA, in association with National Geographic.
Story behind the Art:
- Beloved animals in the Andean highlands, alpacas, prized for their warm fleece, are depicted on the throw
- Blanket is hand-woven with a luxurious alpaca wool blend
- Throw blanket is a great accent piece for your home decor
- Reversible styling
- Dry clean only
- Woven of an alpaca wool blend, it is extremely warm, yet lightweight and beautiful
- Measures 4.9 feet wide x 5.5 feet long
During the 1970s, Isidoro C'cahuantico was forced to migrate when terrorist activities swept his region. Accepting various jobs, he soon found himself working as a janitor in a textile factory.
'I was completely fascinated with the work they were doing!' Isidoro recalls. 'I became enamored with the textile arts at first sight. At night, when everyone had gone home, I began to look at the looms and machines and to experiment with them. Some days later, one of the weavers complained his machine was never the way he'd left it the night before. When she asked why I was using the loom, I replied that I wanted to learn. She said that if I really wanted to learn, I should learn to assemble one of the spare looms in the warehouse. That was one of the most important and memorable moments in my life.' The handcrafted nature of this product will produce minor differences in design and sizing. Subtle variations will occur from piece to piece, adding to its unique qualities. Measurements may vary slightly.
Please allow 10 business days for the product to leave our warehouse and to receive tracking information. You should expect to receive this item within 15 business days from the order