This handmade creation is offered in partnership with NOVICA, in association with National Geographic.Product Features:
Story Behind the Art:
- Nature has emerged from winter slumber in the attractive Cerapio Vallejo tapestry
- Decorative accessory features birds filling the air, singing the songs that signify life is returning to the Andes
- Andean landscape and its culture are translated onto the beautiful handmade tapestry, employing both realistic figures and meaningful abstractions
- Wool tapestry is signed by the artist
- Made with all-natural dyes
- Intended as wall decor
- Display rod not included
- Dry clean only
'I'm Cerapio Vallejo. My art form was handed down to me from my parents and grandparents. But the quality of my work is the result of my long experience and the product of my careful observation over the years. I draw inspiration from our ancient Peruvian cultures, Andean village life, and from our snow-capped mountains. I have faced many challenges during my life, and I have learned from them. Perhaps the most difficult was when I was obliged to leave my house in Ayacucho with my family. This was during the 1980s, when terrorism was bleeding my people to death. Artisans in my region were considerably affected when tourism halted.'What is Worldstock?The handcrafted nature of this product will produce minor differences in design and sizing. Subtle variations will occur from piece to piece, adding to its unique qualities. Measurements may vary slightly.
Please allow 10 business days for the product to leave our warehouse and to receive tracking information. You should expect to receive this item within 15 business days of the order date.