My walls are pale blue and the room in which I placed the lamp has a large 4-panel wall hanging of oriental cranes on a shades of blue background. I have looked for a long time for a lamp that had all the following features: (1) oriental theme, but not heavily patterned (2) design in blue (3) neutral, but not white, background, and (4) not a ginger jar style which is most common in oriental-style table lamps. This lamp perfectly meets all my requirements. I gave only 4 stars to workmanship because one can see a few flaws in the design upon very close examination, but none are visible from normal viewing distance.
This lamp could have been such a beautiful piece, but it arrived in a semi-sturdy box and the inside styro-foam was broken in several pieces. The base of the lamp was scratched, i could see the wire through the lamp shade, and the metal pieces were bent. I could go on....but I want to add the good. After receiving the replacement lamp, which surprisingly was in worse shape than the first one....The response from customer service was AWESOME. Thankyou for being understanding of my frustration and accomodating..i will try my shopping agagain....
This is a great lamp for a bedroom or another light and airy room. A threeway is always a plus.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Basically, although it is a little lighter.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The lamp seems well made, and the design is very pretty without out being too masculine or feminine.
- How accurate was the sizing? Correct
I would highly recommend this lamp - it fits well in the area that I bought it for.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is a lovely lamp for the price.
- How accurate was the sizing? very accurate
I bought one of these lamps and even though it was more than I planned on spendingordered a second. This is like a beautiful piece of art and I highly recommend it as an addition to your home.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? The color is more cool gray with a crackle glace. The trees are navy blue.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Superior Quality
- How accurate was the sizing? They are a little smaller than I thought, but work great.
This is a great lamp, but because the color isn't what I was expecting, I ended up using it in another room. I liked it enough not to return it though!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? From the way the picture looked on my computer, I expected it to be more white, and the blue to be a little lighter. The base is actually gray, and the blue more medium.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The lamp seems to be well made - the wood base is nice.
I really like these lamps. I bought two for my night stands in my bedroom. Really good size for that. Look very nice with my rice bed. Would highly recommend.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes....blue with a cream/grey...
- How is the quality of the product? very good
- Did the product fit true to size? yes
Wow, they are great. The color is perfect for our room. They are the right height and look very expensive. I can not believe the price I paid for them. I looked all over for something with a slight Asian influence and this lamp fit the bill.
Great excitement opening the boxes. They were well-packed, and when I pulled them out, they were everything I had hoped for. Quite stunning for the price, really. All the prior reviews were correct with regard to the color, the slight imperfections in the ceramic (which I think make them special). My only complaint, as others here have stated, is that the socket on both lamps was not attached to the assembly. Must be this way for a reason since both were packed that way. I was able to fix one. The other bulb still flops around, but I turn it on and off with the light switch, so I am satisfied.
The lamp is difficult to appreciate in these pictures. The other reviewers are correct - if you are looking for a white lamp, this is not it. It really has a greyish crackle over glaze with the delicate blue floral design over it. If you want a color comparison, think of colonial pottery. The contrast is lovely. The shade is very high quality is similarly off white and the whole lamp comes packed beautifully with both an inner and outer shipping box, so I would not be afraid to order this item as a gift. I am using it as a side lamp in my bedroom where it should work wonderfully well.
I purchased this lamp for a foyer entrance for a client. The background color appeared white to me when viewed on line, but in fact was more grey. There were some "spots" in the ceramic that were only noticeable upon close inspection. The bulb assembly was crooked when I received, and I had to take a small screw driver to it, but it worked fine after that. Once in place with a bulb it looked lovely and my client liked it.