I received the shipment in a timely manner. The bike manual is written too generically in my opinion. I hardly used it for assembly. From common sense, I put most of it together myself, no problem. However, I was lost when it came to attaching the gear shift, and was confused as to why certain wires were extra long and did not have caps on the end. This bike was not marked "refurbished" when ordered; however, I had wondered if O.CO sent me one that had been previously returned and/or refurb'd. So, I took the bike to my local repair shop for them to complete the assembly at an extra cost of $30. In the future, if I plan on spending less than $200 on a bike, I think I shall hit up my local Super Target for one that's already assembled.
- How accurate was the sizing? Fine.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Average to Above Average
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? ?
I like the bike, especially for the price but there are a few things that seem to be reccuring annoyances. The seat, handlebars, and gear shift require tightening after almost every ride. Normally wouldnt be an issue but this is my commuter bike so it becomes annoying. Other than the little tightening the bike arrived in great shape and was relatively easy to finish assembling.
- Did the product fit true to size? The bike frame is a bit small for the 26inch tires not allowing full range of motion to the left compared to the right because of the cantilever braking systems
- How is the quality of the product? Good quality bike frame and most parts, bike seat, and gear shifters seem to always need tightening
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? The manufacturer forgot a reflector and cap for left handlebar stem but promptly sent them when i called in