I was very disappointed. A month ago I put together a Glencroft for my granddaughter and it was 95% good. The Westville is a mess I'm not sure if I can salvage it or not. Not recommended for anyone. I did call about the sheets of plywood. They sent replacement sheets but they were of the same bad quality.
- How accurate was the sizing? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. 5 five sheets of the plywood were of a very.very poor grade. The layers would separate and fall apart.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? No. Plywood separated.
The directions are poor and the pieces don't go together easily in fact often crack and splinter. I put together another house which had real wood trim as a way to assemble and it was so easy in comparison. The roof pieces are so thin they splinter and fall apart when handling. I would not use this company again.
A project like this is not for a beginner or for someone who wants a quick result. it takes much more time than indicated but with care and patience you can have a wonderful looking end result. You must also be creative when reading the directions and not be afraid to do what you think might work better. In the end, it will all even out. My husband and I made this beautiful doll house for our granddaughter and I feel certain it will be a family heirloom that will be passed on to future generations.
- How accurate was the sizing? The pieces basically fit together. Some needed minimal adjesting.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The wood is a little thin in places but is pretty sturdy when all put together.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? No defects.
This is my first dollhouse and it is a lot of work. Cutting, sanding, priming, painting, glueing, etc are very time consuming but I am having a lot of fun. I am not finished yet but it already looks great. There is a lot of creativity involved in deciding on the paint colors, flooring, wallpaper, etc. The kit was complete with good instructions. I would definitely buy another house from this company.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The plywood is not of the highest quality but for the price it is just fine.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes
We bought this dollhouse for our daughter as a Christmas gift, believing the other reviews that it could be built in under 50 hours. How naive we were! The directions were unorganized and poorly written, leaving so much of the steps to our own interpretation. The materials were flimsy and poorly cut. My husband has put in well over 400 hours, and it is still not finished. If it weren't for the fact that he is a carpenter, has his own specialty tools, and is able to problem solve, we would have thrown this house away and done something else. Having never taken on such a project before, we don't really have much to compare it with, but we certainly don't recommend it to anyone not willing to adapt and put in the hours. It may look good when all finished, but that is because we have altered the materials and plans to make it work.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fair