My husband assembled this rower in less than 20 minutes. It is surprisingly quiet when in use. While it's tough to get the full forward extension possible on a more expensive rower (where the pedals are further back from the housing mechanism, so you have to lean forward to begin each movement), you can almost replicate it if you pay close attention to form. Overall, a great machine for the money.
- How accurate was the sizing? Dimensions were accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? As far as I can tell
The machine is fine. Not good. Not horrible. I feel it is not worth the price, and that it will likely fall apart before too long.
- How accurate was the sizing? n/a
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not sure it's going to last very long.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes
OVERSTOCK IS DOING ALL THEY CAN TO GET ME MY MONEY BACK BUT THIS IS NOT A GOOD MACHINE IT CAME BROKE THE TOP PLASTIC PART , THERE FOR IT LOOKS LIKE JUNK INMY HOUSE NOW AND WILL ONLY GET WORSE , ITS LOUD SOUNDS LIKE ROPE PULLING , ONLY EASY TO PUT TOGETHETR IF YOU ARE THE TYPE OF PERSON WHO BUILDS THINGS LIKE MY HUSBAND , AND ITS HEAVY AT TOP SO HARD TO MOVE ANY WHERE SO ID SAY DONT WAIST YOUR TIME SPEND A LITTLE MORE AND GET ONE ALL OF STEEL NO PLASTIC
- How accurate was the sizing? OK
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. ITS CHEAP PLASTIC NOT WORTH 50 LET ALONE WHAT YOU WILL PAY
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? NOPE IT WAS BROKE BROKE BROKE
Overall pleased with product. I had small space and it fits perfectly. Nice and quiet. My wife is very pleased with rowing machine. The price was very good. I had shop around to compare prices.
- How accurate was the sizing? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? No; however e-mailed company and easily was fixed
The casing for the mechanical rowing mechanisms is very fragile. First time shipped, the main housing was cracked in three places. Overstock had another one sent. Communication evidently between overstock and the company was poor - O agreed that just the broken part could be sent and in fact, the entire rowing machine was sent. Very bulky, very heavy if you are female and don't have help. The second one was also cracked in similar places. Packing up and sending back was attempted but then was told I could just throw away the one I received. I put together the second one even though it was cracked -- works fine. Overstock took "some" $$$$ off the price, but not much. Overstock worked well to resolve the problems - I don't think that Sunny Health did.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Product has "cheap" plastic parts. The actual mechanics for rowingwork well.
My knees are shot from years of spinning and ballet. As a result I can no longer spin, ballet is proving to be a challenge and using the elliptical or treadmill sends me running home to pack on the ice. As a result, I started using the rowing machine (at the gym) to give my knees a break. Then I decided to purchase a rowing machine for home-use. I have to say, this isn't a bad piece of equipment, and it folds up which is great. The only negative I have to say is this: the tension settings are from 1-10 and to be honest, 10 isn't all that tough. I am in decent shape but by no means a tri-athlete and yet I could use a bit more tension. I wish the tension settings were a little harder or went up to say 15 or 20. Also, my husband is 5' 11" ; 190 lbs and is in very good shape (he's a contractor so he is quite strong) and he cannot use the machine as the tension is too flimsy for him. I would say that if you are a man who is in decent shape and likes to row recreationally outside (or uses the one in the gym), this is not a good piece of equipment for you. However, if you are a woman, who is looking to get in shape or is already in decent shape but has bad knees (like me) then this piece of equipment may just suffice.
- How accurate was the sizing? very
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes
I wanted a rowing machine for years, since my husband threw out my last one. I bought a piano so I had no room left. I saw this one, and decided to try it. It's compact, quiet, great workout, and I can use it anywhere in the house if I want to, it's streamlined to fit in any room. It does what it's supposed to do. I've had bulkier machines, and this one does the same thing, without the noise. I'm very happy with this product, and hopefully it will last over time like my other rowing machine. 2 of my friends are going to purchase this machine as well.
- How accurate was the sizing? pretty accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is good
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? no defects
While creating a "home gym" we chose the rowing machine for overall fitness and was very pleased with the quality of such an affordable piece of equipment! We turned an extra bedroom into our gym and needed pieces that would allow a good work out but not take over the room. This machine actually folds "up" so the floor space needed is only when using the machine. Other websites had same or similar equipment and we are very happy with the purchase and price from Overstock!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. well made and quiet piece of equipment