I haven't had a chance to use this camping stove until now and it leaked badly at the connector to the hose + gas tank. It seems that the glue wasn't fully attached from the pipe to the connector. The gas was leaking out so bad that I could smell the gas. When I apply the liquid soap at the connection, there were bubbles coming up. I am not sure if any glue would fix the leak. I bought the double stove at the same time of this single stove and now I am afraid to try to other due to safety concern.
This is an excellent small gas stove. It works great as a extra cooking source at barbecue's and on camping trips. This stove is also a great emergency cooking solution. This stove and a bottle of propane could could your family's meals when power is out, or in any emergency situation when power is not an option.
Photograph of item (including photo on box) showed metal line extending from rear of unit. Line was connected to a typical 16 oz disposable propane cannister. Unit arrived without any way to hook to a propane source. Customer service advised if I needed such a line Overstock did not sell them and suggested I talk with the manufacturer of the burner, which I did. They gave me the part number I needed and said they were out of stock. Eventually I ordered the part online only to find that it was not for a 16 oz cannister as I requested. So, for what I thought was a ready to go burner for $28 I have spent an additional $29 for a hose/regulator and $30 for a larger propane tank.
- How accurate was the sizing? na
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good, once adjusted and additional parts added.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Cast iron portion was loose and had to be shimmed in order to be level and safe.
It's light weight and is easy to install. Great value. Workks great.
- How accurate was the sizing? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's lightweight but sturdy and is easy to operate
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes
The stove works excellent at peak power if it is connected to it's own gas line, and the air flow under the stove is on the stove is adjust to it's rightful place. You have to purchase the gas line separately, which is about $25 at Amazon. . The only thing I mind about this product is the legs, which are cheap.
- How accurate was the sizing? Very Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes, for now.
It's ok but if you plan on camping with it on a bike it's much too bulky to carry with you so you would be best to get a smaller single burner but if you have no room concerns it would be ok if you don't mind drilling new holes for feet to screw into.
- How accurate was the sizing? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Works well but very cheap looking and the rubber feet did not screw in so had to make new holes otherwise it's ok
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Rubber feet would not screw in as to big a holes so had to drill new hoes