After hours of assembly (don't use the "tools" in the box) I turned on the machine only for the resistance 1 setting to feel like 10. If I turned up the resistance it got easier, but then I heard clicking in the resistance motor. I called the service # and they sent me a new motor in a brown envelope with no instructions. Though self explanatory I installed blind, turned on the machine, and found that it was easier to use at resistance 1 (I'm am in shape 180 lb man), impossible at 3....then I heard a snap. The new resistance motor snapped again. So, now I have a 3rd one on the way in the mail...and now a service tech scheduled to install it. "A" for service, "F" for out of the box plug and play. It's been almost 2 months and wished I didn't cancel my gym membership the week it arrived (in a THOUSAND PIECES).
- How accurate was the sizing? Very
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Did not work out of the box, resistance motor was not functioning.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Unfortunately no. Defects or not, lucky for me I had a rubber mallet for the steel rods.
It's big, it's clunky and it's definitely a piece of furniture. I just wish I used it more.
- How accurate was the sizing? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is there, albeit a little cumbersome
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? no defects