This is a great leg press for a home gym. It has a small footprint, goes together very easily (about 25 minutes), and can handle sufficient weight for the most hardcore lifters without feeling unstable. I have performed leg presses on this machine with 360+ pounds for over 10 reps (much harder than 45 degree sled press). My only complaint with this product is that it does not come with the olympic adapter sleeves, which must be purchased elsewhere ( a simple internet search will suffice). Very good value for the money as this product is closer to $400 at most other sites with additional shipping. You won't be disappointed.
Great machine for the price. Took a while to put together by myself, but was fairly easy. Very well made. Be sure to not go over max weight, because the more weight you put on, the machine can get a little wobbly (which explains the 400 lb max).
- How accurate was the sizing? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality for the price for sure
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? No defects
Took a good forty-five minutes to assemble, but the assembly was straightforward and there were no complications or missing parts. Does not come with any tools, so you need some pliers or wrenches for all the nuts and bolts. The posts or rails that slide up and down squeaked quite a bit at first, but that decreased with use, and I'm sure a shot of lubricating oil would solve that entirely, but I didn't even bother with that. It's a very sturdy unit and I can't think of any negatives or drawbacks to it. It does one thing, and does it well.
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Works just fine, sturdy, good quality
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? No defects I am aware of
Excellent product, great value for the price. Is exactly as pictured.
- How accurate was the sizing? n/a
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great product
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes, but it could have used a few more nuts to go on the bolts.
Great machine, small footprint. Fits easily into a corner of my 1-car garage. Instructions were incorrect for the base, so had to remove & reverse one of the base supports to make it work. I'm 5'3" and don't use the locking pins at all-wish it went down a bit further. Skeptical about claims it can hold 400lbs. I currently have 210lbs loaded with minimal wobble.
A good overall value. Pros: Pretty sturdy, with a little oil it doesn't squeak very much. I've had no problems with it. Cons: Putting it together isn't difficult but two of the bolt holes didn't align correctly. A firm smack with a hammer on the bolt heads forced the alignment and I was able to finish the assembly. Since I have no skill with tools/assembling and was able to complete it then others shouldn't have much of a problem.