We needed sleeping bags for a week of camping in Grand Tetons. Even though it was only September, I expected colder weather, so I opted for the 0 degree model. Not a wise decision on my part because I often was over heated at night and future use will not be in arctic conditions. Still, it was great climbing into a cozy bed on brisk nights; the flannel was high quality and very soft. Only problem encountered was getting them compact enought to go back into their bags.
- How accurate was the sizing? The extra length easily accommodated my XL husband.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well sewn, no problem with zippers catching, etc.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes, they were in perfect condition.
I saw that other people really liked these sleeping bags for car camping, which my boyfriend and I intend to do. However, each one of these sleeping bags is massive! We both fit in just one of them and they weighed (and took up) a ton of room! I would not recommend these even for car campers, unless you don't need room for ANYTHING else to fit in your car.
We were excited to get these new sleeping bags that easily pair together. The promise of 0 degree comfort had us convinced we would be snug and cozy. The positive reviews had me convinced I had made the right choice. I was wrong. Expect comfort to extend down to about 45 degrees F. After that, plan to start layering on extra pajamas to stay warm. We have used these bags for one (4 night) campout, and already one of the flimsy/fragile nylon zippers has broken. If you plan to keep this bag in your house for overnight guests to occasionally use on the couch - it'll probably be fine. If you plan to actually use it for camping - sorry - get something else.
These are VERY warm sleeping bags, albeit large and heavy. Definitely not for backpacking, but excellent for camping out of the car! they are soft, extra long (great if you are super tall) and lofty. They cinch around the head to keep your noggin warm, and the pillow is bonus! Definitely recommend!
We wanted snugly comfort in our tent and we got it. Tons of space to spread out on our queen air mattress, I would even say that they would easily fit a kingsize mattress. Good quality and bags we'll have for a long time.
- How accurate was the sizing? Very
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Super quality
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? No defects
My husband and I camped in the mountains of N. GA in late October. Forecast to be in the 70s during the day and 50s at night, a cold front came through and it was 50s and rainy during the day and went down into the 30s at night. We stayed warm and toasty in these sleeping bags zipped together. The flannel lining was soft and warm and kept us toasty all night. The tent didn't keep us dry, but that's another story.....
- How accurate was the sizing? These are big and roomy. No problem with size.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made and versatile.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes
Love these sleeping bags! Very good value. We were happily surprised at how quickly they were shipped to us. We've been camping in 11* and 60* weather and were comfortable in both. Appreciate the extra wide and long size, great for tent camping. Too big for back packing.
- How accurate was the sizing? good. Really like extra wide leg room and drawstring cape/hood. Storage bag is too small
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good!
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Our only complaint is that the storage bag is too small! Very difficult to get bags back into.
We were in the market for a double sleeping bag that was roomy and also warm with a good price. We found these and we like the fact that they come with their own pillow and can be a comfy complete bag on its own. The size is very large so at 5'3" I have tons of room and my 6' husband also has plenty of room. We haven't slept in cold weather but my husband is out in one in the hammock having a cozy nap on a 46 degree day. He say's he's toasty and very comfy.
trouble with zippers as reported by others although overstock was great about sending replacements, overall I would buy again because of value, there did not appear to be many low price options for zip together rectangular sleeping bags which we use for camping as well as sleeping overflow on holidays warmth adequate for three season camping would not likely use for snow camping, would not recommend to friend because of zippers
Love these sleeping bags. We bought them to go camping in 30 degree weather and they kept us very warm. We had planned to zip them together and try the zippers, but once we were in our tent we were so exhausted that we slept in our own bags. I like how they arrived in the shipping box very convenient for travel. I didn't notice any smell when we received them and neither did my husband (and he is very picky about those things). We used them without washing them and were fine during our trip. I was worried that they would not keep us warm but using only the bags and no other blankets, these held up. And they are quite large and perfect for tall people. We aren't tall but it was nice to have all that room to toss and turn.
- How accurate was the sizing? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes
They appear to be good bags, the jury is out until I get a chance to go camping in cold weather. A little trouble zipping together but doable. A realistic rating can not be done until actual use.
- How accurate was the sizing? right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. had to return one bag with bad zipper
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? no
I purchased the bags for my children. The bags are comfortable but huge and awkward for them to take anywhere.
- How accurate was the sizing? I didn't realize how large these bags would be.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes.
The sleeping bags I ordered were very nice. They did exactly what I wanted them to do which as keep me warm and comfortable. Very easy to zip together. Very roomy Evan when used as a single bag. I would recommend these to friends.
- How accurate was the sizing? the sizing was very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the quality was excellent.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? the product did not have any defects.