I am retired and disabled with arthritis and have been looking for a cruiser type bike for some low impact exercise. I was not finding what I wanted locally, so I turned to Overstock and found exactly what I wanted...this bike!! First off, the bike is beautiful, just as the picture depicted. This bike is HEAVY (47 pounds), but it is so well balanced that I do not have any problems moving the bike from my porch to the sidewalk. I elected not to use the front basket bracket, as it caused an opticle illution for me while riding (the bracket is attached to the body of the bike and does not move when turning the handle bars). Instead I bought a beautiful wicker basket to carry my camera while I am out riding around. Everything about this bike is sturdier than most cruisers I have seen, including the larger, thicker tires (like mountain bike tires). I love everything about this bike! I have only gotten to ride it a few times, as we are still dealing with rolling snow storms up here...but the Robins and House Wrens showed up this week, so I am hopeful that I will be putting many, many miles on this bike, soon!! ~ :o)
- How accurate was the sizing? N/A
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? No defects...but some assembly instructions would have been helpful. ~ :o)
It is very attractive and should last a very long time. The rack makes mounting a basket for my dog more secure. It is fun to ride and great exercise. You may need a man around to tighten some of the items that required assembly and be sure to check the tire pressure before riding.
- How accurate was the sizing? Exactly what was expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This bicycle is solid and pedals easy.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? It was.
The instructions were all -purpose for many models and the illustrations did not fit this model, which made assembly difficult. Some of the tools that were listed as included were missing. The bell immediately fell apart and had to be glued back together. Once assembled, the fender supports rubbed against both tires and had to be bent in a slight outward bow to avoid hitting the tires. During the third use, the chain slipped off the rear wheel, and had to be re-assembled mid-ride. It is very pretty, and about what one would expect for the low price.
- How accurate was the sizing? n/a
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poorly constructed
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Small dent in fender, bell fell apart, had to be glued, tools missing
This is a great sturdy bike. Well built and worth the money. I'm pleased with it though did have a challenge with one piece bent that required work to get things together, otherwise, well worth the money and time invested in finishing the putting together of this bike. Comes mostly assembled so that was a relief! I recommend this bike, you'll be happy as well!
- How accurate was the sizing? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? no, had problems with one area being bent but was able to make it work
I have had touring bikes. racing bikes and a mountain bike - this bike is by far, the most fun. better on my back too. Had to get used to the coaster brake but didnt take long. The color is a beautiful mint green.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Almost perfect
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Missing a bolt - but otherwise perfecta
I ordered a cruiser but for some reason I received assembly instructions for a mountain bike. Even though I've never put a bike together before, it was fairly easy to assemble. I pedaled all of one time before the chain snapped off. I've owned 4 bicycles in my lifetime but never broken a chain before so I'm thinking this is a manufacturer's defect. One of the screws was stripped but I was able to make it work. The front fender has a couple of minor dents on it that aren't too noticeable once the bike was assembled. The frame and racks appear to be sturdy and the bike did come with a bell which was nice. I'm sure the bike will provide a nice ride once I can get the part I need. I am a little disappointed but am still looking forward to riding it. The bike is beautiful and the color is slightly metallic which I love. I think the next time I purchase a bicycle, I'll go to a bike shop instead of ordering on line though.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? no
Would have given 5 stars had the directions been better for assembly. Should be very easy if at least a picture had been provided, directions sent were without pictures and instructed how to put bikes together with gears and hand brakes, which this does not have. Overall, once assembled, bike looks awesome!