Here in Florida along the suncoast there's really no need for anything but a single speed bike, so this bike fir the bill!
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? free of defects
In regards to what another reviewer terms as "unsafe", the "problem" she describes is known as toe overlap and is very common, especially on bicycles with smaller frames and larger wheels. It's not an unsafe condition and the majority of riders who experience toe overlap never have a problem while riding. The overlap occurs mostly at very low speeds and riders adjust their pedal position accordingly, soon becoming second nature. Also, if the majority of cyclist are pedaling with the arch of their foot in the middle of the pedal as claimed, they are doing it wrong. The proper foot position on a pedal is for the ball of the foot to be positioned over the center of the pedal. This bicycle is no more unsafe than the millions of other bicycles that have toe overlap.
- How accurate was the sizing? Ok
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Average Quality
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes
Purchased for my husband, who is not a novice bike purchaser. I can't believe Overstock would carry or ship this horrible junk. We liked that it says it's from Hollandia,Amsterdam, and I was going to order the women's model eventually. Well, actually, it's like Heys USA luggage. NOT!! DESIGNED in whatever country, produced in China. The bike is very short lengthwise, much shorter than the 28" bike we already own, but cute and loved the racks, even though the welds in the frame are not well done, so I decided I would keep it for shopping, since my husband could not ride it. Well, no one can ride this bike, unless they have prosthetic feet that do not possess toes. As most humans I have observed peddle with the arch of their foot on the center of the peddle, I must conclude the designers and product testers of this bike were chimpanzees. The peddle almost hits front wheel, about an inch away. I cannnot even donate this dangerous hazard to anyone. Do not waste your time or money with this defective mistake. The only reason I was given free return shipping is because I've purchased so much. If you are not a "valued customer", too bad for you. You will get the privilege of unpacking, assembling, disassembling and repacking, as well as paying to return it. If you make it through your first ride alive or uninjured.
- How accurate was the sizing? ?
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not bad. Would have kept it if you didn't nearly kill yourself when you turn.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? NO!! The peddle nearly hits the front wheel, and your foot will if you don't peddle tippy-toe.