I bought this and thought it was okay for a few months. But it died after 2 and a half months. I replaced the battery and it still doesn't work. Very disappointed. Even if I got a bad product - and others are good- the cons of this item were that you couldn't personalize it to your height/weight, so calories burned were probably not true to my size. It always said I burned much higher (100-300 calories) than my other HRM indicated.... I figured it must be set for an average sized man. I am a 135lb woman.
This low priced heart rate monitor is overly complex to program and it is slow and inaccurate in measuring heart rate. Exercise movements cause the chest strap to stop working and it takes much too long to report changes in readings. Calorie function does not always engage and height, weight and BMI is not recorded. I'm sorry that I bought this model and wish I had opted for quality rather than economy. If I had purchased this at a store, I would definitely returned it.
- How accurate was the sizing? Size okay
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Complex programming and it doesn't do what it should.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? I think so, but it does not do all that it should do.
This is the first time I've written a review, and it's because of one simple thing. I order the above Heart rate monitor, and upon receiving several days ago I am now trying to get to a blinking low battery replaced. Apparently you must take the watch to a jeweler to get the battery replaced. I called several othe store and jewelers and no one will touch the watch. So I have not able to use the watch to date!! I may have to send it back and get another brand!!
The instructions are not very clear in how to start the heart rate function. Also when starting out it is almost always neccesary to wet the sensors on the chest strap unless humidity is high. Once you have figured out how to operate the watch it works great and for the price is a great value.
The watch and moitor seem to work well. The functions keys are not as user friendly as some of the other HR monitors I have used. For the money it seems to do the job.
- How accurate was the sizing? One size fits most
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Works well for the cost
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? seems to be working within the specs
This watch was great quality for the price. The only down side was that it is not the most comforable but compared to other bands it is the same.
- How accurate was the sizing? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yep
This is a nice monitor to use if working out or running. The features on this heart monitor are usually reserved for higher priced monitors. The price on Overstock was incredible.
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes
this is my first heart monitor, I had a tough time programming it and it does much more than I have programmed thus far. however it was tough for me to figure out set up.. I use it for monitoring my heart only and it is doing a great job! Having nothing to compare it to, it is doing what it is meant to do and value for the $$ is good!
- How accurate was the sizing? NA
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. this is my first heart monitor, having nothing to compare it to, it is doing what it is meant to do and value for the $$ is good!
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? no defects - all good
This does exactly what it says it does. Just not as well as I'd hoped... My wife and I each bought one based on the fact that it counted calories burned. I should have read further to confirm whether that meant you actually put in your age, gender, weight, etc. to have that be an accurate count (you can't - it's generalized based solely on heart rate, i.e. useless). It's useful in that it tracks heart rate and has the chest band which most cheaper ones don't have, and it allows you to enter in a "target zone" for your heart rate (but provides no real suggestion of what that should be). That's about it. I probably would have spent more in hindsight to get a better device, but this one does (the bare minimum of) what I need it to.
I have other heart meters but this one really has a lot of features that the others don't have for for about the same price. You can track your average heart rate, your maximum heart rate minimum heart rate, time spent in the heart rate zone or target zone. it you can set goals for your workout session much better when you have these features.