I purchased this teeter totter for my niece and nephews ages 3-13. The kids love this teeter totter and we had a hard time getting them to stop playing when it was time to come in. The teeter totter was easy to assemble and is strong enough to allow the adults to have fun on it as well. I would make this purchase again!
- How accurate was the sizing? Very accurate!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice Teeter Totter that assembled pretty quickly!
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes
VERY NICE see saw for the backyard. Grandkids love it. It is well made and very sturdy. Will hold up to 250 to 300 pounds. I like the fact that you don't have to use your feet to propel up and down. You can actually put your feet on the center post and move your body forward and back much like on a swing to teeter totter up and down.
- How accurate was the sizing? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made - two adults can even teeter totter on this!
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? One vinyl covered seat had a tear in it, and since the product was no longer available at Overstock.com, they compensated me.
I bought this for my grandsons ages 2 and 5 they just love it.....even grandma & mommy love it. Wow it holds 400 pounds. This teeter totter is a must for anyone that have grandchildren or children.
- How is the quality of the product? made really nice
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes
Heavy duty and fun. No need to anchor this product to the ground. It arrived in a flimsy box with the metal parts poking through it. Many scratches that most likely occurring during shipment. And the two of the feet are bent. From the looks of the paint on the feet they were manufactured that way. There are holes in the feet for anchoring. The seats are cushioned and comfortable. Donít know how well they will hold up against the elements. Something to consider if you donít have means to protect this toy during non-use. I like the fact that the size and weight (about 93 lb) allows this product to be carried to parties.
- Did the product fit true to size? Big and strong
- How is the quality of the product? Heavy duty and bulit as you would expect for Made in China
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? No matter how much time was spent on the assembly I could not get the seesaw section to ride exactly on center.
I'm not often a buyer of brand new stuff for kids - prefering used stuff since it will eventually be used anyhow and if they don't use it, then less money wasted. But this thing holds up to 400 pounds - wow - I can ride it too? It was just too cool - had to buy it to spruce up the fun in the back yard. Glad I did. Very happy with the purchase.
We bought this product b/c we thought our kids were on the older side of the age range for a swing set and we therefore decided not to buy a swing set. This product is in lieu of other playground equipment. I have 2 girls ages 5 and 7 who love the teeter totter. The older kids in the neighborhood (up to 5th grade) like it better than the zip line across the street b/c when you hit the ground, you can pop up. I do think there needs to be rules b/c it can be dangerous.... 2 hands at all times, no eating while you are on it, and no climbing on it while someone else is using it. Also, my old neighbor had one and took it with her when she moved. Great transitional outdoor toy.
This is a great outdoor activity for children (psst and adults too). We bought this for our kids last year. It has lasted through an entire summer and winter (snow and freezing rain). It is very durable and fun. There is a safety cord attached so the seat does not hit the ground for younger kids. The line can be removed for older children (and adults). When the line is removed the seats go even higher! It is really a fun activity for kids! I would not use this for children younger than 3. A 3yr old would have to have an adult next to them just in case they were not holding on. The teeter totter goes pretty high.... but there are comfortable and safe handles for each child to grasp. They also stick out far enough for children to double up on each end (2 kids per end). There is also padding on the middle of the handle bars just in case a child bumps their chin. I looked around at teeter totters and I found this model to be more durable than the one that teeters and swings in a circle. The mounting on this one seems very secure and I think it will last a long time. My friend bought this model used and it still looks like new!