Cabinet was delivered quickly and without damage. Relatively easy to assemble. Needed an extra set of hands putting the glass door on. Other than that a smooth assembly. Took about a half hour from start to finish.
- How accurate was the sizing? Cabinet was as described.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good product for the money.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes
The cabinet was as described in the O.com ad. It is a nice looking cabinet for the price. One pleasant surprise was that the door glass has beveled edges which enhances the look.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good, for the price
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Cabinet came with the wrong base sides but was quickly remedied by the manufacturer
looked a little rough upon opening the package but decided we may be able to touch up a few of the wood scrateches. After 4 hours, and the last pieces, the glass doors, the door was warped and the glass was about to fall out of the frame. It wouldn't match up onto the pre-installed hinges. Very disappointed and had to pack it all back up, haul it to town, and return it. This has not been my previous experience with Overstock. The wood itself looked nice but the back pieces were more like wood-looking cardboard and they didn't match up to fit the back once you tried to put in the screws. The corners were bent and were about to tear off of this backing. Again, we thought well as long as we can't see it in the front but we could. The sealing they used in the glass doors had not stuck and the glass was ready to fall out. They hadn't pre-drilled the back to install the backboard and it when trying to screw on the backboard, it didn't hit the wood and popped thru the front. This is a unit you should purchase completely assembled not in pieces.
- How accurate was the sizing? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. basic pre-fab
I purchased this for my boyfriend who loves to show off his guns. He likes it a lot! And we haven't had any problems so far. I will say that assembly is required so have a power drill handy. Check every single piece before you start putting it together. I Didn't check the last piece until it the last step and it was cracked in a couple spots. Pretty sure that was FedEx's fault though. It is very top heavy so make sure you do use the anchor for the wall that's included. If you put your ammo in the bottom part though, that'll help loads!
This is a good quality gun cabinet and good value for the money, however, I had several problems with damaged parts. When the cabinet arrived the glass door and both backboards were damaged. This was definitely not done by the FedEx delivery man, it had to have happened at the manufacturers. Overstock were very good at sending me replacement parts. I have to say that their customer service department is excellent! The only other problem with the cabinet is that I found it difficult to attach the glass door - it definitely requires 2 people to install. I would recommend to a friend but point out all the problems that come with it.
After reading so many reviews regarding the unsafe delivery of the gun cabinet,i was amazed at the superb delivery done by the FEDEX delivery man,there was not a single scratch or dent or any thing broken,piece by piece I took them out and started assembling,but in the final stage needed the help of my son to complete the assemling.Now its fabulous custom made looikng matching to my custom guns.
- How accurate was the sizing? exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the wood and veneers used are of good quality and the finish is excellent,specially the colr.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes.
My husband likes the looks of the piece, we could easily have done without the MAJOR DAMAGE we believe happened during shipping. The box was torn to shreds upon delivery and a piece of the cabinet fell out of the box and was sitting on our patio when we arrived home. We don't believe the damage was evident when the piece left the store, but rather occurred in the warehouse or during shipping. The back of the piece is only cardboard pretending to look like wood. There are MANY NUMEROUS scratches and dents all over the piece, we plan to pick up a furniture stick... to fill in the scratches etc. The BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT was when we opened the box that contained the glass and the entire glass piece was broken away from the door. We were so upset by this time we were ready to ship the entire piece back, but my husband had spent the time to actually put the piece together.. he is going to try to glue and repair the door and replace the glass. Guess we should be thankful the glass wasn't broken. Overall, extremely disappointed. Have ordered other pieces through Overstock prior to this purchase and was happy with the first pieces.
- How accurate was the sizing? The size was as expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not what we expected.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? We believe most if not all of the damage did come from the shipping part of the transfer.
Many reviews on this peice said that it was very difficult to put together but my husband had not problems. Great looking peice.
- How accurate was the sizing? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. beautiful wood
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? There was a slight chunk of wood chipped off, but not very noticable