It's lightweight and comes already assembled: A+ . I'm 5'10" and have a pretty tall counter that I use it under, but anyone using this lil bike will need some leg room and something to back it up to as well as a chair with no wheels (I tried rigging this, but I failed miserably). I am happy with my purchase but I would say if you want something that provides any resistance, you may want to look elsewhere. You will burn calories just by the pedaling motion but there is really no resistance that I could feel even with the knob adjusted all the way down.
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good. Sturdy unit.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes. Arrived as described.
I wanted a pedal exerciser to place under my computer table so I could exercise as I surf. It is working out perfectly because it keeps track of the time I pedal and the calories I burn. I exercise, shop, talk with my friends, get knitting and quilting pattern and recipes. I love it. I don't have to get in my gear or change out of my slippers. It's the best thing I've bought for myself since I bought my new sewing machine and it was much more affordable.
- How accurate was the sizing? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes
This pedal exerciser is well built and sturdy. The counter is an incentive to go a bit farther each day. My wheelchair bound daughter is using this product to exercise her legs. It is used everyday and really has improved her leg strength. This pedal exerciser is just the item to help her out.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The picture matched exactly to what was delivered.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is a well constructed piece of exercise equipment.
I'm happy with this item. I bought it so that I could multi-task and get a bit of exercise if relaxing on the sofa watching TV. And it's fine for that. I'm glad I got it. The adjustable resistance isn't very high compared with a proper exercise bike, but it's a lot better than on some other little peddle exercisers. it runs quite smoothly and is ultra quiet, so it's perfect for what I got it for. It gets very, very hot after about 30mins of use, but there's a sticker on it saying that this is to be expected. Just don't touch it when it's heated up. It didn't burn, but it was disconcertingly warm.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Solid quality
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes
This pedal exerciserl was just what my mother needed. She is fail and rather weak, and needed low impact exercise to keep her joints mobile. She was actually going to physical therapy when I ordered this, and two of her exercises actually included a hand pedal and one utilizing a foot pedal, so this was just perfect. The digital display did not work, but kept the unit because mother does not see small print anyway, and it was the exerciser that she really needed. The digital display was just a bonus.
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? digital display did not work after removing tab.
Purchased for a friend who wanted an excercise for arms only. The friend really likes the table top exercise. Benefits from adjustable tension and metered counter.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Both were exactly the same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy construction. Appreciate the added features.
This was super easy to set up. Open the box and unfold the stand. That's it. The digital counter really makes the difference between this unit and the competitors. It makes it really easy to measure your progress. I love how sturdy this unit is.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The picture was perfect
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? This discription was exactly as discribed.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It appears to be top Quality.
Sturdy steel --,already assembled--- does not slide around. The reason for the "good" rating and not the "Excellent" rating was the Digital display did not work. I had to replace the battery at $X.XX. With the new battery it worked fine. You must remember to not touch the metal that is attached to the pedals as it becomes very hot probably . It's great to use while watching TV when you can't get out due to the weather
I wanted a small bike to ride while watching the evening news. I saw this and for the price thought I would give it a shot. The pedals came completely assembled and ready to use right out of the box. I wedge it against the fireplace and sit in my comfy chair and pedal away while watching the news. Very quiet and it keeps track of the time spent pedaling and calories burned. I've used it much more than any other piece of exercise equipment I have purchased.
Bought this unit for my 91 year old mom so she could keep her shoulders moving as well as get some aerobic benefit without having to walk. It's light weight so she can place it on the table herself. She has also used it for her legs. It has a digital counter to keep track of number of rotations as well as a timer. This is a good feature to use as it provides a tool for setting goals. It requires no assembly - just pop it open and it's ready to go. It's very sturdy and doesn't slide out of place on the table.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Free from defects.
I got this for my elderly father, who used a similar device when he was in rehab. It's very sturdy, and we have no problem with it slipping on hardwood floors. Despite his seeming disinterested at first, he's using it every day while watching TV! We're very pleased with this purchase.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great!
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? YES
Usually someone disabled due to arthritis is always in too much pain to walk around and exercise arms especially in winter with rain and snow. What a wonderful gift this turned out to be. I can Pedal with my feet on the floor or on my dining table I can work out my arms. I started @ 2:00 minutes each and now I am between 3-4 minutes, what a wonderful boost to my desire to want to keep going. I love reaching my little goals to most but they are HUGE goals for someone like me! It works awesome for me!
I would not recommend this to a friend and I'll tell you why. The Monitor Screen is behind the tightening Knob. Which is really a not thought out well idea because you do not have a clear view of the screen. Also, beware! Of Two more Problems: 1. The Model shown in the Diagram IS NOT what the buyer gets! And 2. The pedals are so Hard on the feet & with socks! So, do yourselves a favor and avoid this item. It's a Bad one!
This was my first purchase from Overstock.com and it was a very good experience. The 10% discount was appreciated and still qualified for free shipping. The Pedal Exerciser was folded into the box so all we had to do was unfold and it locked itself into position. No assembly required, isn't that a neat phrase? It stays in position on the hardwood floors and is very easy to use. We don't bother with the digital counter, we just time the exercise.