After several months of lower back pain, I learned through visits with various specialists that I just had weak muscles in my core. After one week on the ball chair, I'm already feeling like me again! I've also noticed my posture is better overall - even in seating where people typically slump.
- How accurate was the sizing? The chair is a little smaller than expected, but fits me perfectly. A couple of male colleagues don't fit in the chair well. It's not made for someone with a waist larger than 40" or so I'd guess.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? One of the screw holes wasn't threaded right, so I couldn't get the screw in place. However, it wasn't a necessary one - strictly insurance if it's being carried somewhere (never for me).
Chair was very comfortable to sit it and I will miss it. Fortunately, I am pretty agile so I didn't get hurt when the chair broke in hald when I sat down and tubled to the floor.
- How accurate was the sizing? Very Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Poor - Base of chair broke at foundation - permanently ruined (luckily not injured)
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? No defects upon arrival but only used from October to January before core welding snapped.
This is an amazing chair. I have a bad back and MS, so it hard to sit for very long in a chair. This is just the right height for me, I am short. You can inflate or deflate the ball according to the firmness you want. I find this a good fit for me. It supports me back, while working on my balance. It is light weight and easy to move.
- How accurate was the sizing? just right
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes
I like this chair as a second chair in my office. It makes you sit up tall. If I were to order another one I would not get the arms or the back. I like the rollers on it. This was my second chair that Overstock sent me because the first one didn't have all the parts. I'm happy with it. It was easy to put together. Overstock was very good about sending me the missing parts and a completely new chair in the box.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good as can be expected.
one chair went together pretty easy the second chair di not assemble easy - we are still trying to get it together- the wrong size ball was sent with one of the chairs. Still waiting to receive the correct ball and we are still trying to assemble the second chair. the parts and screws just don't line up properly. a relative is trying to solve the issue for me.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? close
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not sure yet too early
1 screw did not line up and the guy who put it together wanted to throw it away, the screw (not the chair). I sit in it all day long, and would like to take the arms off, but then it would look less like an "office chair" and my business is very conscious of this atmosphere. I used to sit on just a ball, and felt more freedom and core strenghtening. The chair is a decent substitute, but I'd rather be on a ball. Hope this helps. I also, went with this chair as opposed to the generic thinking it would be more structurally sound, and unfortunately I think it is within the same grade. Personally, I would rather have a different heavier model.
Can really feel the difference quickly Easy to assemble..I love it
- Did the image onsite match the product? Exactly matched the onsite description
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Described it perfectly
- How is the quality of the product? excellent
I had purchased just a ball but could not get one large enough as I was looking to use it as a desk ball. I found this chair and thought why not??? It was not too difficult to put together. It's lightweight. I am not sure I am crazy about the arms other than using it for getting up and down but the back support is awesome. Reasonably priced too.
There is no ability to adjust arm support height or knee/floor height other than to deflate the ball so much it loses its purpose. The fact that the ball definately forces you to engage your core muscles is what keeps the rating @ a 3. I don't believe I'd recommend this chair based on the lack of real ability to adjust for different body dimensions.
I initially heard about this chair after speaking to my doctor about my knee problems. I am disabled and at times i find it hard to do anything to ease my pain, other than pain pills. I purchased a recumbent bike and at my doctors request and I also purchased this chair. I would not advise its use to the average healthy user seeking a comfortable chair, but if you are suffering from knee injuries I would highly advise you to try this chair. All though it isn't comfortable to sit in for 3+ hours it is comfortable to sit in for short periods of time and most importantly it helps properly position your knees. I would often sit with my knees in odd positions, because my height and most chairs I sit in would extend my feet forward. My doctor informed me that my poor posture and particularly my knee position, in relation to my feet, while I sit add to my pain. Since I purchased my Cando Ball Office Chair. I have enjoyed the reduced pain periods and find myself needing less pain pills. If you have knee problems I would highly recommend this product.
This is the chair I've needed for a long time. Having Fibromyalgia, I could only sit at my computer for a short time. Using the CANDO BALL CHAIR has allowed me to sit anywhere from 2-4 hours at a time, withouf suffering back or neck pain. I like this chair over other ball chairs because of the back support and the arms. This allows me to change positions easily. I would highly recommend this chair for anyone needing to spend long periods of time at a desk or computer...for me, it beats all other chairs I have tried.