The bar is pretty light but provides a comfortable grip.the collars are a pain so threw them aside and use standard two inch spring locks instead.The weight distribution feels nice and even and makes for proper form.Overall am satisfied and would buy this again.
For the price, you can't beat Overstock on this item. While the box it came in was beat up, that's not what you are paying for. Not only is this item cheaper than used versions, it comes with the sleeves as well. I purchased the dumbell bars also and have been pleased with this item.
- How accurate was the sizing? The sizing was accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The product was high quality chromed steel.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? The product works fine.
Much like any of the other CAP Barbell solid bars I use it's made to last and worth every penny. I've used this bar 3-4 times a week for the past year and aside from having to lubricate the bearing from time to time because of squeaking it's been hassle free. I've also had no issues with the collars slipping off. I use this bar for closed grip curls and reverse curls (between 1st and 2nd bend) as well as inclined and bent row and it works great. Wider grips however are murder on the wrists as the bends are not that defined. I use their super curl bar for those sets. Overall this is a good solid piece of equipment that looks as if it will outlast me.
- How accurate was the sizing? very
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. solid
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? no