The box had a warning label stating that if used, there were chemicals that California stated would be a carcinogen and cause possible reproductive harm. Well that alerted me because I bought 3 of these to use as gifts to young couples! I called customer service and they emailed China because this cookwarae was made in China. China said you would have to ingest all of the cookware to actually have a problem with the toxic chemicals and that it was safe. Well evidently there are some minute not good for you chemicals in this cookware but supposedly not enough to cause harm if used on a regular basis. The cookware is not like the regular cast iron that I am familiar with, it's gray and not a smooth finish. The lid on the saucepan fits but you have to adjust it a few times to get it to sit correctly. The griddle is a nice size and weight and the triangle bell is cute. This set would be good for camping or using on a grill but I can't imagine baking cornbread or food that you don't want to stick. I imagine you would have to home season it a few times to prevent that. Maybe eventually it would turn a dark black and be nonstick and look like my regular cast iron but then I would still be wondering about the chemicals leaching out into my food....I guess you use it at your own risk but I will probably buy made in the usa cast iron for myself in the future.
- How accurate was the sizing? right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the finish was rough and bumpy
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? there was a place on each piece that was a little imperfection but not really noticeable unless examined closely.
I LOVE my new Cast Iron Skillet! It's amazing. And the dinner bell is super entertaining!
- How accurate was the sizing? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Amazing
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes
Very nice product, after "seasoning". If you have not used cast iron, this will be important. Other brands are pre-seasoned. Not a big issue, but one to take into consideration. The triangle is great, though the neighbors weren't as pleased, when the kids first found it!
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes
I purchased this set as my first Cast Iron set and I'm extremely pleased with my purchase. The skillets are heavy and extremely durable. I love being able to put the skillets in the oven and not have to worry about them melting. This set is perfect for my camping trips too. Would definitely recommend!
- How accurate was the sizing? Very accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is great, heavy cast iron and extremely durable.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? No defects here.
I sent this cast iron cook set as a gift and the recipient was very pleased with the quality of the cast iron. The dinner bell was a nice touch! If you want a nice starter set of cast iron cookware, this is where to start. Also, the package was shipped on Dec. 21st and arrived on Christmas Eve. Thanks, Overstock!
Buffalo Cast Iron 5-piece Cookware Set. I have tried cooking with these on the woodstove, excellent choice. Very pleased with this cast iron cookware set. One helpful hint...do not put in dishwasher, you must wash by hand, or you will have to re-season the piece of cookware.
For the price, this is a steal. Mainly purchased this to get the large skillet but other skillet and pot are great too. Cast iron will last forever and is the best thing to cook meats/stews/sauces on! Gives great flavor and perfect sear for steaks, chicken, pork chops...