THIS PRODUCT IS EXCELLENT FOR MOST BIKES EXCEPT FOR THE "OLD FASHIONED LADIES/GIRLS BIKE" I'VE HAD A HARD TIME USING THIS PRODUCT WITH THE MEN & LADIES CRUISERS THAT WE HAVE. IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE SPECIFIC ABOUT THE BIKE SUPPORT UNITS. I'M PRETTY HANDY BUT I DON'T THINK THERES AN EASY WAY TO HANG MY WIFES BIKE. IT DOES HELP OUT IN OUR STORAGE SHED BECAUSE OF THE CLOSE QUARTERS.....AND I BELIEVE THAT YOU COULD HANG BIKES ON BOTH SIDES OF THE UNIT IF YOU HAVE THE SPACE - THAT'S 4 BIKES(MEN'S WITH THE CROSSBAR). I WASN'T TOO HAPPY ABOUT IT AT FIRST.....BUT IT WILL DO.
This product is good for use indoors, it can be used outdoors but daily exposure to weather can weaken the plastic parts
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality for indoor use I would not recomend for use outdoors the actual brackets that hold the bikes in place are plastic.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? everything was in good condition
The unit does work however, the metal pieces join without any washers -meaning metal on metal... The bottom tubes female threading was not plum and as a result the bolts did not tighten down straight, I am having to request a new bottom tube and bolts. The cost is low and I now gather a corresponding quality of construction.
- Did the product fit true to size? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Fair
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? No
This product worked 100% in the way I needed to free up space. I love that it is free standing so I am able to move it if necessary.
- Did the product fit true to size? yes, it freed up the space i needed in my garage
- How is the quality of the product? very sturdy
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? all parts enclosed, but very easy to put together
This double bike rack is easy to assemble and is quite sturdy. It is vesatile from its ease in positioning anywhere on the floor as well as the position of the two bikes on the rack. Highly recommended for compact but versatile bike stowage.