I have several Barska products and find all of them to be of excellent quality. They are not necessarily "inexpensive", but they are affordable and provide excellent value for the money. There are certainly many optics available, at much higher prices, but is it always necessary to purchase something because of its higher price? Doesn't necessarily make it any better, just more costly.
- How accurate was the sizing? As stated
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is excellent, overall
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes
The scope itself is great, however, the mechanism that connects to the bottom of the scope to allow a quick connect to the tripod is poorly designed. The quick connect attached to the tripod wiggles about 1/16 of an inch side to side and sighting at 400 yards is a problem. I was able to fix it so it locks tightly using some rubber bands. I am sure Overstock would have let me return it but for the price I paid I will keep it.
We wanted something to view birds and other animals on the march and shore near our home. Although it was initially difficult to set up, and the manual is pretty worthless, the optics seem very good for the price point. It is large and heavy, so needs a heavy duty tripod to support the scope, and reduce shaking. Overall we are very pleased.
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems to be good quallity for the money.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes.