This microscope is great! At first it was a little hard to get used to having a screen instead of ocular lenses because it is very sensitive. So moving slides must be done in very small movements. I use this at work to look at slides of fish scales and innards and it is really nice being able to see everything and have all the people I work with be able to the same thing at the same time. the extra zoom on the camera is awesome!
- How accurate was the sizing? very
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes
The slide stage does not move so you have to push the slide around with your fingers -- hard to do and disorienting especially on high power. It does not get bright enough or clear enough to look at bacteria or yeast or cellular details. Too bad - I was hoping to use it in my exam room to show clients what I was seeing under the microscope. Might be okay for a kids exploratory microscope, but not for professional use.
- How accurate was the sizing? Nice size
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Disappointing
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes -- it's more of a design problem
My husband gave me this as a birthday gift. I was thrilled until I got it out of the box. The lack of mechanical stage motion makes adjusting the slide a real pain. Any pressure on the stage during movement changes the focus. There is only one focus knob so there is no differentiation between coarse and fine focus. Any mild touch to the knob changes things a lot, especially irritating at high power. The software disc was confusing as the title on the disc was Auto Parts but the software on it was for the scope. Several slides on the kit were broken and the zoom option is misleading as the focus doesn't stay put when you adjust anything with the buttons on the LCD screen. All in all, great for kids and novices to learn microscopy but not for the professional or even a student.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Low quality item
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? The light filter was adjusted wrong so the field was partially obscured.
Its a $$$ microscope with a LCD. Wanted a microscope with camera and video to look at random stuff. There is another brand that is similar but I choose this one because it was a bit cheaper and for the 5MP camera vs a 3MP. Don't think it really matters though. I ignored the other reviewer that said the its a pain to move the slides by hand on the stage. Should have listened because it really is a PAIN. I would no doubt choose a mechanical stage over more MP! Oh and I really think this thing was refurbished. Its was a little banged up.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. overpriced
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? looked refurbished
I use it for product demonstrations and it definitely arouses the audience's interest looking at microcircuits. The screen is big enough for all to see the details without having to look through eyepieces. The only knock is that it doesnt have a translation stage, which I will have to purchase and retrofit.
- How accurate was the sizing? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes