The alpinizmo comes packaged in a nice stuff sack with four compression bands. It packs down nicely and compresses comparably to my down bag. This bag is incredibly light. So much so that I was concerned about its 0F rating. Mine weighs in at 2 lbs 14 ounces - four ounces less than the advertised carry weight... And that includes the stuff sack! The bag's walls are very thin and don't loft. I left it out in my house for two nights at about 70F hoping it would loft but there was no change. Shaking and fluffing it didn't help. Otherwise, it fits nicely. I'm 6'0", 210 lbs and I don't feel constricted in it. There's a nice drawstring for the face hole and an inside collar tube for around my neck. The zipper seems average. The fabric feels great! It's soft and comfortable. I took this bag winter tent camping. I slept on a foam cell pad over a Thermarest NeoAir Xlite air mattress. My tent was a double-walled single man tent. I slept wearing cycling clothing: Lycra socks, thermal pants, a wicking Lycra jersey, a polyester sweatshirt, Lycra gloves. All wicking, non-cotton clothing designed for cold weather. I changed into this outfit just before bed. I slept for two hours before I awoke cold. It was 25F. Luckily I was prepared. I stuffed my 30F 3-season down bag into the Alpinizmo and then stuffed the doubled bag into a space blanket bivvy. I slept ok after that! So I doubt the 0F rating. This has me to wondering if perhaps I have a defective bag missing some stuffing? I'm also wondering about the bag's claim to reflect heat. Perhaps I dressed Inappropriately for maximizing that effect?
- How accurate was the sizing? Fits well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nicely made and packaged. Materials are soft. Included stuff sack is a bonus!
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? No defects - although 4 oz. underweight. See below.
- Would you recommend this to a friend? No
Camped along the AT this winter and the temp was 2 degrees above zero F. Bag kept me warm and comfortable. Nice lightweight and super compressible. Sounds like the other reviewer got a defective bag.
- How accurate was the sizing? Very
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes
- Would you recommend this to a friend? Yes