Was very excited to receive my crate. Once arrived I noticed on box it was labeled large instead of XL as Overstock had described. Assembling was easy but for my German Shepherd who is 89 lbs, he just fits in this crate. He needs a true XL crate. This crate is perfect for your working dog or any dog that travels everywhere with you. Wire crates can rust and harm your dog if your dog tries pawing through the wire and starts chewing on the wire. The Trixie Aluminum crate was perfect as it is built to keep your dog safe. I am truly bummed that this crate isn't larger and that overstock.com doesn't carry the next size up in this crate size, I must say I did speak to customer service and he was very helpful and motivated to check to see if they could order larger crate but we were both disappointed when we discovered we couldn't. If you have a medium size dog them this is the perfect crate for you!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly the same as pic
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Overstock has crate sizes as xl but on box itself is sized L. It is actually a large crate and does not fit up to a 90 lb dog comfortable.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality of product is great. Aluminum crate with scratch resistant panels. Was easy to assemble. And very light to lift as I am a tiny person.
This is much more durable than the average crate but the size is misleading. The description says it is for dogs up to 95 lbs! That's a joke. My dog is 75 lbs and he barely fits in it! We got this because he is a rescue and is destructive in the house. He also broke out of other crates. So far he can't get out of this crate but he chews on the bars of the doors. Because of the size we don't leave him in it for more than an hour or two because he can barely stand up straight in it (plus, we're still working out the anxiety thing!). If you have a smaller dog who needs a sturdy crate, I would still recommend it, but NOT for a big dog.
If you are looking for a crate for a working dog then this is not for you. The frame is excellent but the thin pressed wood used for the rest makes this unusable. If it gets wet it will be ruined. The size for the XL seems a good fit for my 65 pound Dutch Shepherd and the design is great it is just the materials. I do Search and Rescue and no way can I use this as my travel crate. My dog is in and out of water depending on where we are working. This crate will melt away as the edges are not sealed. When it arrived the wrong instructions were sent so I had to figure it out plus the side and back were cracked. Very disappointed as I am looking for something besides a wire crate to keep him in and don't want the enclosed feeling of the typical aluminum dog box.
This fits my Nissan Murano like it was made for it. I leave it in all the time, always works to hold groceries. I have 5 big dogs the two young ones go in the crate together and have plenty of room. They are 50 lbs each pointers that are house dogs, The two bull terries and husky use seat belts. Will probably get another one at some point for house use.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? ws exactly what was shown
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent