The cage is everything I expected it to be from the description. I needed a cage that my dog couldn't destroy the bottom and bend the wires, and so far after 3 weeks...it's done its job. The hard sturdy plastic integrated bottom is perfect! It will contain spills and it cannot be chewed up and broken like other plastic cage liners. The wire sides snap into place like other cages, but the sides also have the alternating pattern of locking to keep it held up. Most cages I'm familiar with just alternate the locking hooks where the top edges meet. The top door is convenient for putting things into (or taking out of) the cage without letting the dog out. And the garage door is a nice way of saving space and letting the dog get into it freely on its own. The garage door can make it harder to keep the dog in when trying to close it, if you have a dog that resists the cage (like mine). You have to pull it out so far and at the same time try to hold the dog in. The only thing that I would have fix is how the cage garage door locks. They're plastic "clips" that just slide down into an opening but don't actually "lock" into anything. My dog has figured out how to weasel them up and get out of the cage. I'm now using two carabiners to more securely hold the garage door closed to the cage frame at the bottom. No more escape artist....yet. Other than that...I really like the cage. Wheels, handle, overall design.
lite as stated. just wished that had been a crate divider alone with the product to use as a smaller crate for training puppies.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? right on
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
The up door/gate was a nice idea but putting it up is too noisy and scared our dog. The wire was fairly thin and the large opening really isn't such a great idea for dogs that don't always want to go in to the crate as it makes it more difficult to keep them in while closing the door.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? exact
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fair
I purchased this item for a boxer puppy with the thought in mind that it would 'grow' into it.. it really is very large, just what I was looking for and with it being on wheels even though it is a little heavy it is movable from room to room. The front opening door is also great (especially for those mistakes that puppies have!!) so that you can get in there easier to clean it. Its pretty stury too and I am sure my dog will be using it for a long time to come. My only complaint of it is that it is a little noisy when you open the door, but this is a minor point overall.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy and good quality item
Crate is sturdy and easy to use and easy to set up and take down. Love the garage door as it allows easy access for our dog. Had to get two for each of our Great Pyrenees.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? the same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high quality
I have four large dogs and two guinea pigs. I bought this crate to use as a cage for the guinea pigs. The flip-up door makes it very easy to clean. The bottom tray is sturdy and rolls easily. It makes a great guinea pig cage. If I ever use it for a dog that isn't already crate-trained, I would probably reinforce the corners so that there is no way for a dog to wedge them open and get stuck, but I would do that with any wire crate. It's a good crate for the cost.