Finally, a cat tree that looks great in your home! This beautiful modern cat tree is a lovely addition to your home, but is also a functional space for your cat with areas for scratching, resting, hiding and exercising. Satisfy your cat's natural instincts to perch and climb in a very stylish way. The Sebastian Cat Tree is easily assembled and comes with detailed instructions.
Six levels for climbing and playing
Sisal scratching material on the first level, carpet on the second and fourth levels for lounging
Cubby hole with hiding place on the second level
Brand: Designer Pet Products
Color options: Black, white
Dimensions: 67 inches high x 22 inches wide x 22 inches deep
Weight: 62.7 pounds
Size of access points: 7.5 inches wide x 8 inches high
Rolling or stationary: Stationary
Cleaning instructions: Clean with mild cleanser
Setup requires a Phillips head screwdriver (not included)
Casual, Contemporary, Transitional
Thank you. Your feedback will help us create the best experience for our customers.
Like other buyers, I was attracted to the idea of a cat tree that doesn't look like some horrific wall-to-wall shag carpeted 80s home.
- The product is MDF which makes it pretty heavy (~70lbs iirc). Not good or bad.
- The unit arrives flat packed, without much protection in between the sheets - the bubble wrap they put around the pieces had mostly been crushed by the MDF sheets. It really should have been packed with stiff cardboard between each sheet. I would have returned it but it's super densely flat packed and nearly impossible to get back in the box once you discover the many flaws.
- Many of the pieces had dented or scuffed edges. It really doesn't look like the image they provide here. It's a lot less glossy than the image they provided.
- The holes on mine mostly lined up but the sheets shift a bit when you tighten them up so it's frequently not entirely flush.
- There are only three carpeted levels if it's not evident from the pictures here. There's not much incentive for cats to go higher than the 3rd level. Unless you pick them up and put them there. That said, only an average sized 10lb cat probably would fit much higher than that. - My cats like the box at the bottom. I never really see them anywhere else on it.
- It's a little wobbly/flexy. I can't really figure this out - the MDF boards are stiff enough and the screws are tight. I guess it's just the design - there is not really any crossbracing to provide lateral stability.
- The part stickers are incredibly bad. I saw this fact mentioned in some reviews but I didn't think much of it at the time but they really are impossible to remove cleanly! The glue it leaves is very tenacious and when you scratch it off you either end up scratching the paint or leaving a weird shiny/polished spot.
- I would suggest not buying one at all but if you are still intent on gambling (like me) then buy the white one - the undercoat is white so you'll see less chips and dings.
After searching endlessly for a cat tree that is not dated or covered in carpet, I landed upon this item. I was fully aware of all of the negative reviews on this product before purchasing, but decided to bite the bullet because there is nothing else like it. Ladies and gentlemen, please listen to the reviews. This item took me and two other friends 2.5 hours to put it together because the holes would not line up properly, making the screws extremely difficult to tighten. Some of the panels were dinged right out of the box and the color is slightly off on each panel. My cats (who are only about 6 months old) will not go up passed the second level because it gets too wobbly. If I could do it over, I would have spent more time looking and much less money to get something of better quality. This product is a waste of money.
I couldn't be happier with this purchase. Living in a small space can be challenging, but we decided to spend the money to get this cat tree and the wall-mounted ones. What a difference! Our cats have a great space for hiding, lounging, scratching and we are happy that they are really cool pieces of furniture. The assembly took a little while, but was what we expected for a large piece of furniture. I thought the quality was great. Shipping was fast. We had guests over the weekend and they were shocked that this was a cat tree! Would definitely recommend.
We received it yesterday and put it together last night. Took about 90 minutes to assemble. The biggest frustration is that some of the holes were not drilled deeply enough for the connectors. Very sturdy! We did notice that there were some chips and scratches along the piece, but as we're not interested in putting this together again, not in any mood to return. The numbered stickers were very helpful for assembly, but don't come off easily - good to have some Goo Gone on hand.
What's hard to see from the picture is that the second level is an enclosed space with a normal-sized cat entry. This works fine for our cat, but I know that some heavy cats that I've met in life would not be able to enter (nor would they likely feel comfortable on the top two levels, either.) Our 10-lb love thinks it's great fun, once we were able to lure her up onto it with treats. Now she likes to sit and stare at my head while I read on the couch - perfect if your cat likes to be a little creeper, too!
We are very happy with the look - it suits our mixed-modern tastes, and gives our cat an opportunity to get more interesting views of the birds... and gives her an escape when we have some of our dog-sitting clients over. Pretty excited about it, didn't change our life, but our darling feline would probably say it changed hers. What more could you want?
Price was a little steep, but overall good value.
After you let the tree air out the intense stain odor for a few days, it's a great cat tree my kitties love! Sturdy, solid construction, easy to assemble, and it looks great! Wish it came in a dark cherry instead of just black, though! It would be PERFECT if it was BIGGER on every level and had MORE scratching surfaces on vertical sides and some more soft surfaces on horizontal sides. I also wish the scratching & soft surfaces were easily replaceable and/or washable. Otherwise AWESOME tree! I recommend it!!
So I got one of these and another model for another room at the same time.
Whilst it achieves its purpose (the cats like it and everyone thinks its shelving or a DVD tower) some of the screws don't go in far enough to cover with caps. Be prepared to spend at least two hours putting it together
Carpet pieces on different levels are a nice feature. It's a little wobbly on our floor, but that's most likely because of the floor. Wish the manufacturer would use stickers that peel off - the part numbers are stuck on and don't come off with light scraping.
How did the image on site compare with the actual product? accurate
How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
Do you have the dimensions for each shelf or layer in this product? My cats are large and it can be a challenge to find furniture they fit on. Thank you.tallblondnyc on Apr 12, 2013Please enter a valid question.Answer This Question
Thank you for your interest in the The Sebastian Modern Cat Tree.Size of access points: 7.5 inches wide x 8 inches high.
overstockcustomercare1 on Apr 17, 2013
The top levels are fairly small. My cats haven't gone up there yet because it's a little wobbly on our floor.greenpiece on May 3, 2013
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.
Shop Overstock™ and find the best online deals on everything for your home and your family. We work every day to bring you discounts on new products across our entire store. Whether you're looking for memorable gifts or everyday essentials, you can buy them here for less.