Everything I expected and more. I have 5 rescue cats, and they love it. Two of my cats are huge 7 yr old Main Coons, and they can jump and play all over this thing, with very little movement. There are usually 3 on the tower at any given time, and it really is perfect for them. And no carpet junk all over the house! I priced the lotus tower everywhere, and overstock is by far the lowest price. Major pet supply stores are over $500. Easy to assemble, just don't tighten the screws too tight. Use the tower to brush/groom your pet, and they will take to it asap.
- Did the image onsite match the product? yes
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
- How is the quality of the product? excellant
So glad we splurged and ordered the lotus tower. It looks a lot nicer in our house than some of the other options and our cats love it. In fact we put it in the corner in our dining room and it actually looks good there! Wouldn't be the case with a typical carpet covered tower. It seems fairly sturdy. Our two cats are both large - 15-16 lbs each - and they have no trouble getting comfy on this tower. One likes to lay on the top and the other on the bottom. I don't know that they would lounge on the smaller middle pieces as much as they are more narrow but it is nice that there is some carpet on those levels that they can scrach on. I don't know how long assemly took - my husband assembled it. He didn't complain about it though so it must not have been too bad.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? It was consistent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. We've had it for a couple of week and so far so good, except that the wooden screw covers fall off easily but that is a very minor concern.
This is a really lovely cat tree. Definitely furniture quality. It is well made and very sturdy and it is wonderful that you can get replacement carpet inserts when you need them. It will be much easier to take care of than cleaning the cat fur from the carpeted towers and your guests might not even realize that it is cat furnture since it looks more like sculpture. The diagrams in the assembly instructions are very small and difficult to read. You may need a magnifying glass if you already use reading glasses. Be certain that all of the pieces for the bottom box are placed correctly before you tighten the locking nuts. Check the diagram twice and make sure the one side with the two holes for the support arm is on the correct side of the platform before the locking nuts are tightened. If you build the box incorrectly and only realize it after you have tightened the locking nuts and you need to open them and move one of the walls of the box it may be difficult to open the locking nuts again. They are not supposed to lock so that you cannot open them, but I had a problem with that. Refined Feline has an excellent customer service department if you need help. It is expensive, but for me it was worth it for such a nice piece for the cats.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The tower actually has a support arm that is not shown in the image. Other than that it looks like the image.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description of the product was accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. IIt is beautifully made.
I looked at this product on a lot of sites and Overstock had the best price and shipping costs. If you are looking for a quality and unique cat tree, this is it.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exact match
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is great, a nice piece of furniture.
Our kitties love their new cat tree! They are indoor cats so they can perch up at the top, look out at the birds, and take naps in the sun on the ledges. The only feature that could be improved upon is the Velcro attachment of the carpet to the ledges, because the carpet doesn't lay down flat and looks a bit bumpy. I understand why Velcro was used...so the carpet could be easily removed and replaced. Perhaps there is a way to better accomplish this, however, if it bothers me in the future, I could have the carpet glued or wrapped around the ledges. Other than this, it's a beautiful piece of quality furniture anyone would be happy to have in their living room.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Looked just like it,!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality, nice thick wood. I had requested replacement screws because 2 of the assembly screws were damaged. I received the screws right away.
but better looking than the other models I have owned or seen. The shelves on the way up to the top are quite skinny. I have 3 declawed tonkinese cats and only the 8-yr old is brave enough to get to the top yet. The 2 8-month olds aren't willing to jump from second highest level to the top. Too scary for them. It's so tall that it wobbles when my cat is on top, but not to the point that it's going to tip over or anything. I picked this one because in the pictures I had seen it appeared there would be room for all 3 up on top. There's really not. Room for 1 or maybe 2, max. Assembly took an hour, but the directions don't contain words -- just pictures. I found it difficult to assemble based on the complicated pictures. I have assembled Ikea furniture before without any difficultly. Box was huge and heavy and showed up quick! If your cats are dare-devils, this will work fine for them. If they're timid by nature, however, I wouldn't get this tower. Whilst better looking than the carpeted trees, it's still cat furniture so you shouldn't expect it to look like artwork!
We wanted a piece of contemporary cat furniture that complemented our decor & wasn't covered in nasty carpet, & this seemed to fit the bill. The item arrived quickly, was well packaged (luckily as by the look of the outside of the box it had been dropped in transit) & was reasonably easy to assemble despite the rather daunting exploded diagram that was the instructions. The assembled cat tree looks great - it's attractive, very sturdy & well finished. Our 2 indoor cats have checked it out but so far seem to prefer the cardboard box it came in! There is a bit of a "new furniture" odor about it so I've sprayed it with Feliway & hopefully they will take to it soon. At least it looks good!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
Box arrived just 3 days after placing order. Everything was there and in good condition. My husband was able to put together pretty quickly. Did have trouble with the support brace where one of the screws wouldn't grip into wood. The tower is a little wobbly but could be because of the support brace not screwed in all the way. Probably can fix this with a longer screw. Just shakes a little when cat jumps on it. The one big problem we have is our cats claws get stuck in the carpet... Wherever she steps, she gets stuck :( We might just have to take the velcro carpet down. Otherwise, it looks really nice. Way better visually than those carpet towers. Note, color is very dark, almost black. Looks black in certain lighting. In the picture it looks lighter.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Color was darker than expected
Great deal on lotus cat tree. Came in original box in damaged and very fast!! Awesome buy!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly like image
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Product description was 100% accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
I was a bit terrified when I received a huge package, but assembly was straight forward. I was able to build it myself in ~30 min. The finished product looks great. Some wood pieces had visible scratches but I am (and my cats are) very happy with the cat tree overall.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. some scratches on wood but great overall
After reading the bad reviews from July I contacted the manufacturer. I noticed the Lotus was off the site for a while and I have been waiting for it to come back. Apparently they were out of stock for a while as they changed factories. They said the old factory did a bad job and they are working with a new factory. Wow I was really impressed with the quality. I guess the bad reviews were from the old model because this was really well made and well worth the $400. My cats jumped on it right away!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great!
Disappointed in the overall construction. Quality control must not be in existence in Vietnam, where this was built. Product diagram was very diffiicult to follow (hard to read, not well drwan, no words). Two support braces were missing one pre-drilled hole each. The base was missing a part -- unable to secure the screw into place. The thin wooden brace used to support the curved platform holders was impossible to secure as built; its pre-drilled holes did not align properly and unfortunately, I snapped off the bottom end trying to jam it into place. Additionally, the top cat platform was only able to be secured by one instead of two screws; one of the screws would not hold its grip. Nevertheless, it's still functional -- you wouldn't know of the problems by looking at the finished product. My cats LOVE it! Spend hours playing and resting on it. It would be a winner if it had better quality control and workmanship.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fair
I was unsure of spending a lot of money on this product, but I have to say it was well worth it. My 11 year old cat loves it and is acting like a kitten again... wanting to play on it all the time. Now if he isn't laying beside me, he is on his tree. It is so good to see. I would highly recommend this product.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Looks just like the picture
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality, beautiful wood.
This cat tree is a perfect aesthetic match to our furniture and our cat loves to sit on it for hours watching the birds outside and swatting at our heads from the top shelf when we walk by. It reached us unscathed after traveling across the globe in about 2 days. The company had obviously taken care to pack it well and double box it. As others have mentioned, there were a couple of pre-drilled holes that were slightly off, but we were able to get all of the pieces securely together nonetheless. We looked at many other modern cat tree possiblities, but this was definitely the best value in the higher end options out there.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Carpet pieces are chocolate brown rather than light brown / beige as in picture
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality, very sturdy
Breeze loves her Lotus Tree, though she has not ventured to the top without a lot of encouragement. Breeze is older so climbing though harder, is very important exercise for her. It took a while for her to get used to the tree, but once she did we find her on it all the time. She is an only cat in a house full of dogs. Now that we have the tree, she happily finds her perch and watches the antics of the dogs.
I had looked at the Lotus cat tree for several months before deciding to purchase, it is expensive after all. It arrived a few days after purchase and I had a problem with assembly. The pre-drilled holes did not line up which would have made the tree unstable. I contacted the company and was immediately taken care of and a replacement part was shipped. Amazing customer service. The Lotus looks great in my living room and the cats had no problems climbing and napping even at the top level.
- Did the image onsite match the product? yes
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
- How is the quality of the product? Solid wood and construction
We've had this cat tower for a few years now, and we routinely get compliments on it. It was easy to assemble but did take an afternoon. Our cats absolutely love it - especially the curved top. It looks nice enough to put in even the most formal of rooms. My mother just bought one for her cats and she and they love it as well. We bought it before it was on Overstock so paid more but it was well worth even the more expensive price! Highly recommended!
I bought this to replace a huge carpet covered condo. My cat loved the old one but it was so difficult to clean. Pro: This condo is really easy to clean. The carpet velcros off. Con: I had to glue the velcro back on the first time I tried to remove it. This is a bad design. It is stapled on. When you pay this much money for a condo, you should not have to repair the first month you own it. Con: My cat was not too happy with this though.It is not as plush and comfortable as most others. I had to replace the carpet on the top with a plush rug so he would use it. It looks good, and maybe if your cat has never had the carpeted version, they will never know how uncomfortable it is.