It looks like they improved on this product because I read the reviews and saw the picture online and compared to the one I received. Looks like mine has a slightly wider stem which I guess gives it more stability. Because mine is very stable. My cat China loves it. :)
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Base was wide
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
There is one big problem with this cat bed--the base is not weighted. When my cat gets into it, it wobbles back and forth because of the weight being up top. It scares my kitty, so she won't sit in it. I'm going to try to get some wrist weights to insert into the wicker base to see if that steadies it. I would not have purchased, had I realized it wouldn't be sturdy.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? image is accurate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is okay
I'm so happy I purchased this for my cat, as a way to encourage him to sleep someplace other than my couches. The base is very sturdy- my cat is rather large and can hop in and out without the bed wobbling. My only complaint (if you can even call it that) is that when you first take it out of the box, the varnish smell is very strong. I had to let it air out for an afternoon before kitty would approach it. I think it's a really classy looking piece of furniture that's well worth the price!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Looks exactly like the picture
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very high-quality, polished piece of furniture!
My two cats love taking turns in this (13 lbs and 9 lbs) and slap-fighting while one sits in it and one stands on the ground (on her hind legs). I'm considering purchasing a second one for another room. Assembly is simple and quick - one screw secures the ball to the base. The plastic smell dissipated in a day or two. The only issue seems to be with the cushion, which was too light and slides out from under them - I have replaced it for now with a braided mat.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The pillow appears bigger in the picture than the one I received.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Doesn't seem to mention that this is a sort of plastic imitation wicker, which is fine.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good mid-range (think ikea) level furniture, much better than most cat furniture.
My 2 cats and dog fight over this bed. Enough said!!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Actually the base is wider in person. Also the rattan is more realistic in person as well
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Was fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
I bought two kitty ball beds in espresso to match my decor. The color is elegant and looks chic in my bedroom. The beds were very easy to put together and seem to be well made.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The image conveyed the product accurately.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The product is well made and looks stylish. The espresso color looks elegant.
We just took in a stray 4 month old kitten who is VERY rambunctious and I was looking for something that my 5 year old beast of a cat could have a place to call her own. This fit the bill Perfectly. The only things that I wasn't a fan of were the strong plastic smell fresh out of the packaging and the little pillow that came with the bed. Thankfully the smell went away in few days, however I have opted out of the small pillow and replaced it instead with a soft blanket. The pillow would squish almost flat and had nothing to keep it into place so any time she moved it would slide and she would run off. I can hardly get her out of there now. I think it's safe to say we are both extremely pleased with the purchase. :)
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Its not as wood-toned as the picture makes it seem but its dark enough that you wouldn't notice it until you got close to it.
I really love this brand. They make beautiful, well-constructed, easy to assemble, and kitty-approved products. It's bed is so visually interesting plus the kitties love it. Assembly required just the turn of the Allen wrench. Highly, highly recommend!
I bought this Kitty bed for my son's 4 cats. At first they ignored it and then, all of a sudden they were fighting each other as to which cat was going to lay in it first. LOL It is sooo pretty. I almost kept it for myself but I didn't have a place for. It is quality material.
I put this ball bed out on my catio so the kitties could have a sleeping place that feels secure while enjoying the fresh air. It's great! Sturdy and extremely easy to put together. I think the pillow that comes with is fine .. not too thin, not too bulky ... but I put a folded towel over the pillow so the ball bed would have our 'smell' that the kitties would be used to, and I could throw the towel in the wash when necessary. One of them just loves the ball bed. It's sturdy, so it does not fall over or even threaten to when she jumps into it (and she's a 12 pounder).
Ginny the Princess loves her new high-rise napping quarters! She took to the ball bed immediately and never fails to escape to her private partially concealed bedroom for napping or deep sleeping. She especially enjoys using the base as a scratching post prior to leaping onto and into... The basket-type material satisfies her in warmer weather as the air can circulate. I placed a larger familiar pillow in it and initially sprinkled a bit of catnip to entice her to try it out. I don't need to prompt her to jump into it. I have it facing me, so she still feels like a part of the family...and can keep an eye on us. Being inside the ball gives her the sense of privacy a cat enjoys!
Very unique piece of furniture ,Speaking on behalf of my cat , I have placed her inside and she is not used to the soft cusion but thats her .She uses it more as a nail scratcher . I have replaced the cusion inside even though its very well made but she is just picky . Great Value for your money