Much like The Jeffersons, Mr. Hops moved on up with this hutch. He really likes it and it is large enough I don't feel guilty when he is lounging when I am gone during the day (is he on his covered balcony, in the burrow, or below the loft, who knows?!). This was really easy to put together, especially with an electric screwdriver--it only took an episode of Forensic Files. For the size and price, as well as free shipping, its really a good deal. Was I a bit delusional purchasing a WOODEN hutch for a ferocious bunny? Yes. I may have to reinforce some eaten wood in the future, but in the meantime I just used some anti-chew spray. Pros: Great price Great size Glorious Bunny Smells good Cons: The cons aren't really that bad, more of things I overlooked. I use this indoors, and although I have it on a piece of ugly Southwestern Art Deco linoleum, and I have the arms of an orangutan, it is impossible to clean the bottom section without physically picking it up and moving it. The door on the bottom is like a secret door for elves, and not functional for cleaning. Mr. Hops is litter trained, but there's always cardboard or stray poos when he gets zesty. I think I will put a plastic tray in, a piece of plywood and some casters to make the cleaning easy. If you are using this outside, it will probably be fine. The only other con is the hinge snapped quicker than Lindsay Lohan's hymen. The hutch is against a door, so I don't really need it. FYI though. Otherwise, for the money,size, shipping and easy construction, it is legit.
The hutch is just as pictured. Our rabbits weren't sure how to use the ramp at first but now go up and down good. Little awkward on where to put the food/water bowls as it is small on second story because of the cutout up there for the ramp. We like it though...better then our home made one. It did well with the rain too!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
I was eager to see the contents of the package due to reading some not-so-positive reviews. All pieces were included, however the corner of the hutch was a bit damaged. Because the box wasn't damaged in that area, I assumed it happened at the manufacturer. Not an Overstock issue, however Overstock.com has FANTASTIC customer service, and took care of the problem within just a few moments (which is why I continue to be a customer). The hutch is now assembled, taking no time at all. Everything lined up properly, no pieces were so cheaply made that there was any fear of damage while putting together. The unit is sturdy and very nice looking. I have two holland lops sharing the same enclosure and it is plenty of room, they are very happy moving between levels. There is no bottom wire, which is fine as we have it on the patio on top of a linoleum sheet, but I could see how a bunny could dig out if placed on dirt. I would definitely recommend this hutch.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Just as expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Just as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
I was so excited to get this. When my daughter and I opened it, there where corners where the wood screws together, split or missing. The wood is very cheap and soft. I think I will send this back. My husband can build this much nicer and bigger for cheaper. Even if you get it in good conditon I cant see it lasting to long. I am not one to rate stuff but this is really bad.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? I have no idea cant even put together. The wood was split and falling apart!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is a piece of junk. The wood is crappy and cheap!!
My Holland lop enjoys his new cage. It did go together easily, but 2 people are necessary to help hold big pieces in place until they are screwed. We placed the cage on large patio blocks so that it would be easy to hose off and bunny couldn't dig under the wire (no wire on bottom). The drawer doesn't slide very easily, and I guess I was expecting wire on the bottom of the top floor,but it doesn't have wire there which is fine. I was able to get a litter pan in the top area - the bottom is hard to use because it has just a small access area to reach in from, so it is easier if you can do food and litter from the top. The latch on the front for the top floor is hard to use because it has to be in the middle, but honestly I don't use it because I go in from the top which allows me more working space. I'm happy with the cage, but I feel that a bunny bigger than my Holland lop would be a bit cramped in this.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Looks just like image.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I thought the size was different
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Make of soft cedar wood so it scars easily, but quality is fine.
After researching forever for a good hutch for my Mini lop... I chose this one... Got this in the mail within 3 working days after ordering online, when it arrived the box was all banged up... pretty sure it was done by the post as there was extra tape all over it.... when I opened it up, there where a few scratches here and there but nothing huge that would make me want to return it, took me about 30 mins to put it together coz i was doing it by myself.... was pretty easy too.... just really heavy! lol The wood didnt split while i was screwing the screws in (as some other reviews say), It is very sturdy, just be carefull when putting it together and dont force it to fit either... everything just slides in place.... I prolly put a cover on it if it starts raining (if your keeping it outside)... all wood products go gross after its been rained on.... all and all i have no complaints with the hutch what so ever. got it pretty cheap on here with overstocks promo codes, well worth the money..... ive seen homemade and used hutches online that look horrible and that are selling for more than this hutch....
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? looks exactly like the pictures
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. it is very good quality for what your paying for.
This was so easy to put together. It's a two person job only because the pieces are large. Too awkward for one person to hold & drill. The screw holes are all pre-drilled & line up perfectly. The only things I'll warn you about are: 1) there is no floor to the bottom. I put one of those mats that goes under a rollie chair there & it works awesome. 2) the latch on the top floor is shared between two doors so it has to be resting exactly in the middle to ensure both are locked. It comes attached so you can't replace it without unscrewing the old one. My rabbit loves this, though. Lots of room for a litter box on the bottom although you need one small enough to fit thought the door or else you'll be lifting the cage every time you need to change it. The top piece has hinges so you can open & close with ease. In using it inside the house but the material on the roof is sturdy & i believe its waterproof. Also, the color is very pretty.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy
The Hutch went together easily and the rabbit is a happy bunny. We are using it as an indoor cage and had to add a mat to the bottom. It wouldn't need the mat if you are using outdoors. I'm very satisfied with the purchase.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Very accurate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
The hutch was shipped super fast. Pretty easy to put together. I would highly recommend a power screwdriver. Well made. The only complaints are/were there was some damage to one pc (ramp) when unpacked. I am thinking from shipping since there was some damage to the corner of the box. And while the cage locks, the top lock needs to be longer to be more secure. Good deal for the money.
Easy to put together . Our rabbits love the upstairs and downstairs . its a great size for 2 rabbits.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? iT LOOKED JUST LIKE THE PICTURE.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? VERY ACCURATE
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. FOR THE PRICE ITS MADED WELL. . SHOULD LAST THE LIFE OF THE RABBITS