Hutch was easy to put together. My two bunnies love it, especially the ramp to go 'downstairs.' Do remember when moving the hutch that the ramp will break off! This happened within the first 10 minutes of having it together, which was our fault, but it is not easy to hold the ramp out of the way while you move the hutch. This caused the the screw holes to strip. It doesn't have a wire floor, so the bunnies are running around in their own potty, but I found a fantastic solution for this - Nordic Ware (through amazon) sells a wire cookie cooling rack that is 16 x 20", for $13.50 which fits perfectly in the top left half of the hutch. It is a nonstick coated cooling rack, (so not harsh on bunny feet, plus poop doesn't stick!) and stands up about 3/4" high, which is just perfect. The rack stops about 6" short of the full length, so I put a pyrex dish in the gap with some litter in, and made that a litter pan. I'm really pleased how it all came together. I have this hutch outside, so I put a vinyl tablecloth on top, secured with a couple of bricks, so it would hang down over the 'upstairs' when it rains. The hutch is lightweight, so we can move it around. I have mine on the deck at the moment, but if I put it down over grass, I will get a rectangular piece of chicken wire and lay it on the grass first and sit the hutch on top, so bunnies can't burrow out.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? very well
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good.
I have 2 large 9 lbs each rabbits and although this house ended up being a little smaller than I need for them is is what I need for now until I can build something more suitable. The roof and wood is good quality and finished nicely. The hardware is cheap and I will replace it. The plastic liner was split and cracked on delivery so I have requested a replacement and suspect based on the thickness of that plastic, I will have to come up with a different liner idea for the pull out tray. The concept of this is perfect if you have small rabbits. I am not a fan of the rabbits being directly on the ground for primary living area as that is hard to clean and allows for them to get wet or muddy. I plan to build something to get them off the ground as I let my rabbit out in their run almost all day anyway. The doors on the first floor are very small, will be difficult to reach in there and clean or to put any kind of litter tray on that level. Litter pan will only fit in top level. In general, it is a great little butch for smaller bunnies.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Looked bigger in image than in person.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good description on product page and matches what is delivered.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality roof, and wood structure. Hardware and wire is a not of good quality and I plan to replace the locks.
This hutch is very nice, it took my rabbit a little bit to get ahold of the ramp but know that she figured it out she loves it. You will have to watch your rabbits though because I went out there and she was starting to borrow out. overall I think it is a very nice hutch and would definitely recommend it to someone else I might get a new another one myself.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? it matched perfectly and exactly what I expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. it was very nice looks really pretty
1. rabbits can dig out so put some chicken wire under tha bottom of the cage. yikes :O 2. made of wood and rabbits eat wood :( 3. cedear is weak and thin. : / 4. roomy and big enogh for 2 or more rabbits Pros :) but since I bought the cage for looks I overall think it will be ok
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Nailed it, seems to be exactly as described
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I was a little dissapointed but it will work for now
The hutch was pretty easy to put together. It is large enough to house my 3 rabbits comfortably. The top doors share a sliding latch, you have to make sure the latch is completely in the middle otherwise one door will open. I like that there are so many ways to get into the hutch. The roof opens up, there are the 2 doors on top and 2 doors on the bottom. Water bottles and hay feeders hang nicely on the cage also. All around great hutch for the price and would recommend.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy product, not flimsy
Item is easy to put together, although one of the latches was broken when it arrived. (it was easy to fix). The only two downsides to the hutch are that the ramp isn't very stable so you need to be careful when you move the thing and the hutch is wood and rabbits eat wood, so they have been eating the inside of the hutch.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Image is perfectly accurate.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate description
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality
Made in China. I would never trust leaving my pet bunny in this hutch in an outdoor environment. It is cheap and flimsy. The roof hinges were even cheaper and broken when I received the package. Whatever was used to stain it smelled to "high heaven". I put the whole thing outside for several days in an effort to get rid of the odor since I also have a sensitive parrot in the house. It worked fine for inside. Not having a bottom floor was a bit more of a test than I thought it would be. I put heavy cardboard and tarp under it that I could keep clean. (My bunny is litter trained.) The "landing" at the top of the ramp was a bit small. My little house bunny negotiated it, but it wasn't easy. I finally gave it to the local animal shelter and set up a pen for my bunny. Comparably, the price was good. I had looked at several hutches before purchasing this one, knowing it would be used indoors.
Our little Smokey Joe is a Dwarf Rabbit, weighing about 5 lbs. During the cold months, he stays inside & this hutch has been his "Summer Condo" for 2 years. I can't really speak of its durability, as his is inside a covered 10' x 6' dog kennel, but the construction & ease of access are magnificent & it was very easy to assemble. It's very roomy for him, given his tiny size. Smokey did dig a tunnel from inside the hutch out into the kennel,(even though the 2 bottom doors were always left open) but he never dug outside of the kennel. If you want to keep your rabbit in it without further containment, be sure to bury some hardware mesh or chicken wire about 6 inches down underneath and around sides. This also helps keep other critters from getting at your furbabies. A rabbits nature is to dig and any normal rabbit will dig out of it. All in all, I know our little furbaby loves it & would highly recommend this for anyone with smaller rabbits, but do suggest that it not be their single form of containment, as rabbits need plenty of running room to have proper exercise & live long healthy lives. Our Smokey Joe is now 10!!
We have two mini Rex rabbits (not so mini after a winter of constant eating! I brought this hutch to move them outside into the yard as they are in our screened in porch in a homemade hutch during the cold winter months. This hutch is amazing and they love it! It was easy to put together and all parts were in the box we added wire to the bottom of the hutch so they can't dig out or anything dig in! I placed a cookie drying rack on the upper level so their poop drops down into the pull out tray. They have so much room and see them spread out relaxing all the time! It's super easy to clean, way faster then our old hutch with the roof that open entirely and the pull out draw. Love love love this hutch! And it looks nice in the yard!