We purchased this hutch for our two Dwarf Hotot Rabbits. What was attractive about it is that the two hutches can be separated if the bunnies start to fight. So far, ours have been fine together (both females). When the hutch arrived, there was a hole in the side of the box which didn't seem to affect anything, or so we thought. Upon opening the packaging, there were several broken parts (not related to the whole in the box). We came VERY close to sending it back, but the reality was that we had the bunnies in a VERY small pen and needed to get them into something bigger and quick! So I opted to use wood glue and clamps to fix it up. Very disappointing after spending that kind of money on it. THE GOOD: Nice layout, ramp flips up to separate the hutches, ramp has roof shingle material on it to help keep their nails worn down, nice nesting hutch within each level, light weight and fairly easy to move if needed (although I wouldn't recommend moving it much if at all) THE BAD: Flimsy construction - The wood is made out of light density cedar and doesn't appear to be very durable. We actually glued ours together because the screws don't appear to be a good long-term solution. Some of the wood parts had pieces broken off of them that had to be glued on. I would not recommend using this hutch outside where it is not covered. We have ours under our deck roof. Even though there is shingle material on the top of it, this type of wood doesn't hold up well to the elements. Lastly, the double latches are too short and need more length for better piece of mind to hold both doors shut on the top and bottom tiers.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The Image is as depicted
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description is accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Marginally constructed
This hutch was so easy to assemble. My son and I put it together in about an hour and 15 minutes. The trickiest part was attaching the ramp but it all worked out well. The rabbits scramble up and down the ramp easily. Drawers under each section make the hutch easy to clean. Great new home for the bunnies!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? It is exactly as it is pictured.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality.
I did lots of research on hutches before I bought this one, and read all the reviews. I have 4 dwarf rabbits so I needed something that was affordable and could hold more than one of my fuzzy friends. This Hutch was very easy to assemble and it looks very nice. What I was unhappy with was 1) the plastic liner on the bottom pull out drawer came damaged and the drawer doesn't come in and out very well because of it. 2) there were other small nicks, cracks and flaws in the product when it arrived. It's still completely functional but for what I paid I would have expected the manufacturer to take better care in packing and production to ensure quality. 3) the dimensions of the hutch are not quite accurate. I measured the cages my rabbits were in before ordering this hutch to ensure they would not be losing any space.... when it came and was assembled I was disappointed to find my bunnies were in fact losing a couple of inches of space in all directions. 4) the door that separates the two levels (if you are using it as two separate hutches) doesn't fit well. there are gaps and holes and hay and other mess from the top residents falls down onto the heads of the downstairs residents.... the bunnies don't like it. If you are using this hutch as a whole (not separating the two levels) for one rabbit, I think it's a great hutch for the money. But if you need something to hold multiple rabbits, I wasn't real impressed. My boys are not particularly happy with it and chew on the door (they have never been big chewers) because they want out, and thump at me when they have to go back in!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fair/ dimensions weren't exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fair
This was a great item for a great price. The cedar always makes the room smell good and helps control the odor.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Larger than it looks
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Cedar is a soft wood so there are some imperfections. Be careful when assembling.