First, there are 2 hutches available at 2 different prices. Although the title is the same, I bought the higher priced item which is a few inches bigger then the other one, and I feel it is a very good size for our dwarf bunny. Ok, I bought this hutch after my husband built our 1st hutch for our 2 bunnies (brothers Hershey and Cashew) we bought for our daughter in June. Unfortunately, after a couple of months, the bunny hormones started up, they started fighting to become the dominant male (the breeder said the should be fine since they were littermates) and we realized we needed to separate them fast. The 1st hutch cost over $150 and a couple of days to build. My husband didn't have the time to build another one right now, so I decided, for the money, to give this one a try. For the money we paid, I am extremely happy with the purchase. My husband and my son put it together in 15 minutes, and Cashew seems to be happy in his new private home. I would definitely recommend this hutch. No, im sure it's not as heavy duty as hutches that cost around $300, but it is certainly worth the money. If you are careful when drilling you won't have any problems with stripping. You need to remember you are not screwing into a 2x4, go slow and easy and you won't have any problems. I would definitely recommend this hutch to a friend!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The hutch was exactly as it appeared on the site.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? extremely accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Good
This is the cheapest animal hutch I could find. I have been shopping for a while. It is very easy to put together and didn't take much time. I am very pleased with it and would buy another one if I needed it. I think it only took about 10-15 screws and it was full assy.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
I would not recommend this product. The bunny hutch has no bottom grate for the bunny dropping to fall through. The screws stripped easily. My family put together when I was not around and box got tossed. So I can not send back. The bunny is back in house because the is not suitable until I can figure out a bottom grate.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The hutch looks like it can be used for a bunny but there is not a botton grate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Cheaply made, screw were stripped.
very nice hutch, easy to assemble. Challange in cleaning: the whole plastic tray slides out, so bunny can't stay in cage while cleaning. Would be SO much better if there was a grate that stayed in place and you could pull the pan underneath out.
Fast shipping from the company, Works great for a smaller rabbit who is litter box trained. Cleaning the hutch, you can't pull the tray out without completely removing the rabbit. Would be nice if there was wire above for easy removal. I added some parts to strengthen and raise the hutch higher.